General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure | Page 98 | Inside Universal Forums

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
CMCSA is currently trading at $43.20 per share and was around $33 a year ago. Just remember this stock not only includes Comcast's other entertainment holdings (NBC, Universal, etc) but also its entire core business as a cable-internet provider. Unfortunately, a lot of other factors effect the stock outside of the strong growth seen from its Parks & Resorts segment.

CMCSA is currently trading at $43.20 per share and was around $33 a year ago. Just remember this stock not only includes Comcast's other entertainment holdings (NBC, Universal, etc) but also its entire core business as a cable-internet provider. Unfortunately, a lot of other factors effect the stock outside of the strong growth seen from its Parks & Resorts segment.
This ...:thumbsup:

Reactions: Joel
Is it me or does anyone else find the ride a bit underwhelming? I don't know, I feel like they could have added more to it, especially that big opened lake (maybe the Giant Squid appearing there?) looks like a fun ride regardless though, I just felt like it was a bit empty at times

Is it me or does anyone else find the ride a bit underwhelming? I don't know, I feel like they could have added more to it, especially that big opened lake (maybe the Giant Squid appearing there?) looks like a fun ride regardless though, I just felt like it was a bit empty at times
What we need here gentlemen is a GIANT. SQUID.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: truejonas

Have you rode it yet? Because it doesn't sound like you've rode it.

You should specify that the videos you watched were underwhelming, not the ride itself.

The POV's were a bit underwhelming, but it is nothing at all like the ride. If anything it's OVERwhelming. Fantastic ride and best since forbidden in my opinion.

Apparently the launch was way more intense than anyone expected, including Universal and Intamin, if the rumors are to be believed lol

With design software these days engineers know almost exactly what forces riders will be experiencing, and when there have been issues, it's generally for unique elements ( ex.) Maverick's heartline roll, and even then they knew it was going to be extreme). Especially on a launch where the only factors are how fast do you need to get, and how quick do you have to accelerate to reach that speed, I can't imagine they were surprised.

In addition, the ride is designed to have 24 second blocks, and that section from the launch to clearing the break run is one of the blocks that's right on that limit (about 22 seconds), so it clearly was designed to be that fast.

With design software these days engineers know almost exactly what forces riders will be experiencing, and when there have been issues, it's generally for unique elements ( ex.) Maverick's heartline roll, and even then they knew it was going to be extreme). Especially on a launch where the only factors are how fast do you need to get, and how quick do you have to accelerate to reach that speed, I can't imagine they were surprised.

In addition, the ride is designed to have 24 second blocks, and that section from the launch to clearing the break run is one of the blocks that's right on that limit (about 22 seconds), so it clearly was designed to be that fast.
I think I read here that they got more speeds or forces than anticipated and that they had to change the material the tires were made of. Don't know if that's true but I am pretty sure I read it here. I am dying to know what's going on with that ride. There is something off for sure but it seems they have more problems than anticipated. I love minutiae so all possible explanations I have read here are really interesting