Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride

I don’t recall USH revealing anything about the remodel and everything was speculation.

I am still impressed with the upgrade and fortunate to have ridden both versions of the ride.

Here now and the ride is currently closed but there’s a huge amount of people waiting by the gate. I’m excited to finally ride!

Edit: Just got off! Love it! Videos don’t do it justice. I asked the person at the front if single riders was open and they said no but I went in the single rider line anyway and only waited one minute. There’s a cut through the trees. The workers loading apparently aren’t aware if single is open or not so I suggest trying it anyway even if they say it’s closed. The dead zone isn’t as dead in person like videos have shown. It will be nice if they add something to it but there’s still a lot of audio and different things happening. I just got off my 3rd ride by continuously going into single.

Last edited:
Here now and the ride is currently closed but there’s a huge amount of people waiting by the gate. I’m excited to finally ride!

Edit: Just got off! Love it! Videos don’t do it justice. I asked the person at the front if single riders was open and they said no but I went in the single rider line anyway and only waited one minute. There’s a cut through the trees. The workers loading apparently aren’t aware if single is open or not so I suggest trying it anyway even if they say it’s closed. The dead zone isn’t as dead in person like videos have shown. It will be nice if they add something to it but there’s still a lot of audio and different things happening. I just got off my 3rd ride by continuously going into single.

Like your post and thought about the ride, but not the part about violating the single rider line that is closed.

Like your post and thought about the ride, but not the part about violating the single rider line that is closed.
They open and close it often. It doesn’t hold a lot of people so they don’t want it to overflow. I did single twice but the third time it was closed due to being full. I didn’t feel like waiting around but It does clear out fast.

Apparently the ride is closed today. It’s not showing up anywhere on the app? You think it will be open again the rest of this week?

Any idea when this thing will be officially open?

Apparently the ride is closed today. It’s not showing up anywhere on the app? You think it will be open again the rest of this week?

Any idea when this thing will be officially open?
It hasn’t been on the app at all yet. Is there anyone on the ground to confirm its not running?

It’s running today. It’s hasn’t been on the app yet and they only put the wait times on the Studio Directory that one day (Friday). Today it just says “coming soon.”

I just noticed something after watching Dylan's (theme park obsession) POV video that I wasn't able to see in other videos. I-rex does indeed have a body. How much of one is unknown I suppose but its pretty clear after watching this about 5 times. I tried to freeze the shot at a good place. So there's definitely more than a head obscured by bushes over there.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190707-200018_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20190707-200018_YouTube.jpg
    392.1 KB · Views: 99
I feel like one possible reason why there’s no destroyed boat ala the original is partially due to how things go awry in the middle of your own tour rather than your boat being knocked off course. I do feel like predator cove could still use a little more, and rewatching POVs, maybe they could have made the dead pterosaurs more limp so they wouldn’t look so off.

It still surprised me on my first time since there was some carnage with the blood and stuff.

Though I feel like the “T Rex comes out too early” complaints on the final drop on some POVs are a bit unfair since the ride still is in technical rehearsal. they still have some kinks to work out. Plus, when I rode it, that didn’t happen, all that happened was we stalled for a bit and then went through the drop as normal. I think Theme Park Obsession’s video shows us that kind of matter.

This quote came from a USA Today article about the ride:
"Ride creators believe this dino battle will be so impressive that riders might not notice the looming 84-foot water slide drop that caps "Jurassic Word — The Ride."

- I feel like there is far more to this Dino Battle then we have seen. The Indo and Rex must be in B mode. This is probably why there is no opening day announced. I think Universal opened the ride for 4th of July weekend to help with crowds and get feedback. I wouldn't be surprised if the ride is not open next week while they enhance the finale.

Link to article: 'Jurassic World' ride: Universal Studios Hollywood's new terror

This quote came from a USA Today article about the ride:
"Ride creators believe this dino battle will be so impressive that riders might not notice the looming 84-foot water slide drop that caps "Jurassic Word — The Ride."

- I feel like there is far more to this Dino Battle then we have seen. The Indo and Rex must be in B mode. This is probably why there is no opening day announced. I think Universal opened the ride for 4th of July weekend to help with crowds and get feedback. I wouldn't be surprised if the ride is not open next week while they enhance the finale.

Link to article: 'Jurassic World' ride: Universal Studios Hollywood's new terror
wait so the ride is officaly opening this weeks thats what the article states