Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

If a two hour musical show that didn't rely on pop-culture jokes can be achieved, a serviceable forty minute theme park show can be absolutely made. Perhaps how beetlejuice creates chaos in the netherworld or a second haunting attempt at the maitland.Giant sandworm puppets, Shrunken Heads, raunchy jokes, cmon Universal this is the property for a show.

There were like two or three jokes during the musical regarding his acronym, its self-aware.

They could just lean into the musical plot line and use HHN as an excuse for access to the netherworld is possible, etc. etc. (Saw the show in NYC and loved it!)

and acronyms being a concern only depend on the IP. Beetlejuice can lean into it especially because the character himself is crass and relatively vulgar. I see no issue.

Anybody know if this surprise zone is suppose to be throughout the entire event, or like Shadows from the Past, and just be for the last weekend?

Well that's disappointing.

Still leaves me curious what they are gonna do next year.

I agree, I feel like they are just waiting it out a bit, besides the next announcement might be a joint announcement, hopefully Killer Klowns or House.

At this point we have two months till the opening of the event and still have the following to announce
  • Food & Bev
  • Scare Zones
  • Show(s)
  • Five houses
  • Ancillary event features (eg: Repository, Amulet of Fear, etc)
Shows and zones are one blog posts that is light enough to allow a house announcement during the week. The remaining three IP houses (Ghostbusters, KKfoS, ?????) will probably be the only thing announced that week. Food and bev will happen closer to the event, same for any ancillary things. So we have roughly six weeks of announcements left with eight weeks left. So either the announcements pick up again or we might have a HHN27 level drop at the end of the event.

Well majority of stuff was released in August last year, so I wouldn't doubt we'd see almost everything being dropped in August leading up to the event. I think only one announcement came out in July last year and I think it was Carnival? But the rest of the stuff was put out in August.

Last edited: