Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride

The pre lift hill area is definitely a little boring now, but I really like how good the screens seem to look in videos. The truck was always my favorite difference between USH and USF, so it's a bummer it's gone. Replacing it with a cracked glass gyrosphere would have been a good idea vs just a Trex info billboard. And yea, someone please tell them to make the pterodactyl an AA or at least less prop like. Showing the door busted open and then the bars seems redundant to me.

JW.png I will say overall this is exactly what I expected for the refurb, the only item that really surprised me was the conversion of the pump house to an interior jungle, that's pretty cool.

I definitely believe we have more of a face off battle coming with the IRex in the finale, if its true they scrapped it for this pathetic B mode that's a real shame, but who knows what might of happen. But I agree we are still very young in this opening so hopefully they just aren't ready yet. Maybe these AAs should of stayed on Site B a bit longer..

Another item that makes me think there is still more action to come, especially in the Predator Cove area.

In the picture below there is definitely some fog or some type of FX that isn't being used yet. I thought maybe these were just lighting packs but after watching a night POV they are not lit. I'm hoping these are signs of some additional features to come to Predator Cove

View attachment 10095 I will say overall this is exactly what I expected for the refurb, the only item that really surprised me was the conversion of the pump house to an interior jungle, that's pretty cool.

I definitely believe we have more of a face off battle coming with the IRex in the finale, if its true they scrapped it for this pathetic B mode that's a real shame, but who knows what might of happen. But I agree we are still very young in this opening so hopefully they just aren't ready yet. Maybe these AAs should of stayed on Site B a bit longer..

Another item that makes me think there is still more action to come, especially in the Predator Cove area.

In the picture below there is definitely some fog or some type of FX that isn't being used yet. I thought maybe these were just lighting packs but after watching a night POV they are not lit. I'm hoping these are signs of some additional features to come to Predator Cove
Those look more like lights for nighttime but who knows. Maybe.

Going in about an hour
Perfect. I just got to the bottom so I see now as well. Thank you for the update

Update: tm said may not open today but as always, to check back later. Workers walking track today currently at bottom so not sure what that means.

Second Update: Just heard over intercom that ride will begin cycling in 5 minutes.

Last edited:
Something I haven't seen discussed yet, but doesn't the motion profile of the T-Rex look different than before where for the most part her mouth is now completely open? It sure would look better with the Indo's neck in-between those jaws! :grin:

Why is no one talking about the secret Mosasaurus animatronic that comes up and tackles the Indo for the last scene?;) Three massive Dino animatronics at once!:tease:

Thanks for the spot, did you see the below anywhere on the ride? Pretty sure it's for the indo but haven't seen it yet in any video :shrug:
View attachment 10101

The claw looks like it matches whatever that is in the background. It almost looks like an archway honestly. I wouldn't bet this is tied to the ride.

The claw looks like it matches whatever that is in the background. It almost looks like an archway honestly. I wouldn't bet this is tied to the ride.

That archway is a dinosaur body without legs - looks that way to me anyway!

Tied to the ride or not I'd bet good money that it's an Indo hand, bit weird that it would be in the BTS video and then not used?

I strongly think that we are only seeing a small portion of the Indominus. That image is defiantly her hand/claws. Again, the ride is closed today (as of now). Universal probably only had it open to help with 4 July crowd. The crowds have calmed down, so hopefully they can get back to work on finishing the final battle scene. I don't think the Indo is going to walk, but I bet it raises up higher showing her claws and roaring. Then having the T-rex enter at the last moment.
Screen Shot .png

Regarding those FX tubes, heres a picture of a night ride. They definitely are not lightsJW2.png

There's just too much evidence here, Rex on Rex action is coming. We just need to be patient.

However, it does slightly nod to this recurring theme of opening attractions before they're ready and whether or not its the right play..?

There's just too much evidence here, Rex on Rex action is coming. We just need to be patient.

However, it does slightly nod to this recurring theme of opening attractions before they're ready and whether or not its the right play..?

While my normal response would be absolutely not, they should open when ready...
I really don't think I could have taken another 10 pages of when is it opening? posts! ;)

While my normal response would be absolutely not, they should open when ready...
I really don't think I could have taken another 10 pages of when is it opening? posts! ;)

Totally agree, at least we didn't have pages of merch talk :thud:

I strongly think that we are only seeing a small portion of the Indominus. That image is defiantly her hand/claws. Again, the ride is closed today (as of now). Universal probably only had it open to help with 4 July crowd. The crowds have calmed down, so hopefully they can get back to work on finishing the final battle scene. I don't think the Indo is going to walk, but I bet it raises up higher showing her claws and roaring. Then having the T-rex enter at the last moment.
View attachment 10103
I think it'll move out into the open more. Having seen it first hand, the Rex is too far away for it to simply lunge out and be near the Rex.

Do you think they simply opened the ride to get people to stop asking, "when will it open"? That would make since, give them what they want then go back and get it ready. The ride just didn't seem finished.

Do you think they simple opened it to get people to stop asking? That would make since, give them what they want then go back and get it ready. The ride just didn't seem finished.

No I don't.

It's fairly common to open an attraction and then 'plus/finish' it afterwards. Management probably made the decision to get it open for the holiday weekend.