Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 549 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A side attraction is not a ride, it's a side attraction, aka filler, one and done, whatever you want to call it. I just simply call it not good. Side attractions count if they are good, MSW was not, no matter what the Universal purists say.

What's your obsession with Murder She Wrote by the way?

If you were UC, what's a TV show that you would base a lasting attraction on right now?
MSW was so popular an attraction not only did they have to extend the queue, it even had its own line of merchandise (I miss my "No, Absolutely Not!" T-shirt someone stole).

If Universal wants to capitalize on their actual popular tv show IPs, the Office Dark ride and a Schurverse World would get added (The Good Place, Parks and Rec, Brooklyn 99). However, outside the Good Place and maybe The Office, I doubt UC would actually be able to come up with an epic attractions to fit all of those IPs.

Maybe not a ride but photo ops and merchandise would be a nice addition plus I'm all for a JJ's Diner.

Reactions: GA-MBIT and jrn14
Not sure why Fantastic Beasts might be getting it's own area in the new park, I would think that having Hogsmaede and Diagon Alley is more than enough, they can always just add to those two areas, no? I don't know, I love HP but it's a bit much...
Been saying this all along.

Reactions: mitsuramos
I remember the were rumors about a LOST attraction back in the mid 00's on the old Discovery Island outside of the Magic Kingdom. Though it might have been cool, I can't imagine it would have stood the test of time. The thought of a LOST attraction seems preposterous, though it was all the rage in the early days.

I remember the were rumors about a LOST attraction back in the mid 00's on the old Discovery Island outside of the Magic Kingdom. Though it might have been cool, I can't imagine it would have stood the test of time. The thought of a LOST attraction seems preposterous, though it was all the rage in the early days.
JJ Abram's mystery box strikes again

Reactions: Mike S

I remember when Discovery Island was to be an interactive experience based on MYST.

Yes to promote the next big thing ("Xena & Hercules") which never got as popular and didn't last as long. Doesn't mean MSWMT wasn't a popular attraction for its time. In the ads at opening it was one of the headliners
Because it was popular....at the moment....it got cancelled (p.s. I'm not saying it wasn't a good show when on TV)

You don't see a Twitter page calling for Murder She Wrote to return like BTTF or JAWS.

TV shows are challenging to make lasting attractions out of.

Reactions: jrn14
Because it was popular....at the moment....it got cancelled (p.s. I'm not saying it wasn't a good show when on TV)

You don't see a Twitter page calling for Murder She Wrote to return like BTTF or JAWS.

TV shows are challenging to make lasting attractions out of.
I'm just pointing out Universal never considered it a "sideshow" attraction.

Reactions: RFRees
I'm just pointing out Universal never considered it a "sideshow" attraction.
They literally had every attraction in the 1990 commercial/promotional VHS

It really is a moot point as to what Universal considered it at the time, and your sentimentality for it.

Bottom line: When considering TV shows to bring into FW, if any, I'm sure Universal is going to tread lightly...As they are challenging to make lasting attractions out of

They literally had every attraction in the 1990 commercial/promotional VHS

It really is a moot point as to what Universal considered it at the time, and your sentimentality for it.

Bottom line: When considering TV shows to bring into FW, if any, I'm sure Universal is going to tread lightly...As they are challenging to make lasting attractions out of
No worse than your bias against it.... I guess i'm done here

Reactions: therock and tielo
While Universal has definitely always been movie-centric, I think the emphasis was more broadly on the entertainment industry as a whole in the early days. Things like Murder, She Wrote, Hanna-Barbera, Rocky and Bullwinkle, Lucy, Nickelodeon, and I’m sure others that I’m forgetting, all had a substantial enough presence back then. It seemed to become a bit more of a hodgepodge once the “Ride the Movies” motif was abandoned. So many of the classic Disney rides proved that you don’t need a blockbuster brand to make a great ride, but I think that a lot of the properties at USF when it first opened were more suited to lasting success or interest, at least in my eyes.

Reactions: therock
It was...fine

Basing popularity off of long lines and T-shirts is not a good argument though.

Let's not forget that F&F just had a 70 minute queue the other day that it certainly doesn't deserve.
But as bad as F&F is, no one would call it a side attraction. Not sure where this definition comes from.

Status
Not open for further replies.