Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 408 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well majority of stuff was released in August last year, so I wouldn't doubt we'd see almost everything being dropped in August leading up to the event. I think only one announcement came out in July last year and I think it was Carnival? But the rest of the stuff was put out in August.
That’s true but the event started later last year as well.

I'd suggest relaxing on announcements personally. We basically know what all the houses are at this point - we just don't know the specifics of the Graveyard house. I'm guessing the scare zones are all gonna drop together, so that's kind of the main thing we're waiting on. But that could happen anytime in the next 6 weeks, so I wouldn't stress to much about it at this point.

I remember in the old days when everything was revealed one evening in August. It was exciting because we knew it was coming and it was like Christmas morning. We will get the announcements when they come. The event is going to happen regardless of the timing of the announcements. Yes, it would be nice to know what the show is, cough please no AOV, however everything will happen in due time.

I guess the good thing about this is that we should be seeing weekly announcements?

No. They could easily do 2 or 3 announcements in one week.

I think last year they did exactly that one week in August. Don't have the announcement schedule to check.

No. They could easily do 2 or 3 announcements in one week.

I think last year they did exactly that one week in August. Don't have the announcement schedule to check.
With the fact that most of the announcements left are for IPs I can see them doing weekly announcements, I can’t see them wanting to announce multiplier IPs the same week and announce one a week letting that week be for that IP.

Reactions: Darko
I'm fine with the houses being announced in a rather irregular schedule, it's the Scarezones that are killing me. Especially as they were announced mid-anounment season last year.

Reactions: Kooks and Darko
I’m seeing a lot of people complain about this year on FB groups. Some are saying the house line up is weak this year and blah blah blah. Here I am thinking how good and diverse of a line up it is this year. I’ve been going for awhile and I’m pretty excited to attend this year’s event.

So bouncing off an older topic.. I'm kind of bummed to see Killer Klowns in the Shrek theater. I worry that the sets and costumes will be compromised due to the small space.

Krampus was in Shrek in 2016 and that house never felt any smaller than the others. My guess is that the house will strictly be on the spaceship, so it’ll have narrow funhouse hallways and then large rooms, like the cocoon room.

So was the surprise zone for Hollywood or Orlando? I am so confused on that still.

Hollywood likely. From Murdy's tweets/answers regarding the Scare Zones in Hollywood, and their specific phrasing of "literally no place is safe" (or something like that) on the website, it has been basically confirmed there will some form of hoard roaming the Hollywood park. Largely the spec seems to indicate this is where the "Surprise" casting went to, but who really knows

Hollywood likely. From Murdy's tweets/answers regarding the Scare Zones in Hollywood, and their specific phrasing of "literally no place is safe" (or something like that) on the website, it has been basically confirmed there will some form of hoard roaming the Hollywood park. Largely the spec seems to indicate this is where the "Surprise" casting went to, but who really knows

Literally the guy on Nightmares posted it in the Orlando thread and has not been corrected if it’s even true.

I’m seeing a lot of people complain about this year on FB groups. Some are saying the house line up is weak this year and blah blah blah. Here I am thinking how good and diverse of a line up it is this year. I’ve been going for awhile and I’m pretty excited to attend this year’s event.

I can understand complaining about certain IP houses. But to complain about originals makes no sense to me because nobody has any idea which originals will rock and which will just be mediocre. I couldn't have guessed how good Slaughter Sinema was (to me) going into last year. Same with Scare Zones. I'm very much looking forward to Zombieland, but for all I know the Plastic Surgery will be the best.

Literally the guy on Nightmares posted it in the Orlando thread and has not been corrected if it’s even true.

Totally, thus why I said "who really knows". At this point I'd love to see a returning "Shadows of the Past"-esque zone for the final few nights (as was suggested earlier here), but seeing as the icons other than Jack and Chance haven't really been a part of the past 10 years of Horror Nights and they've kind of left them in the past, I'm uncertain...