Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

So if Creepshow is indeed coming to the event..the facade doesn't make any sense.
img_4x5v7k-jpg.10113

The house from the Prologue/Epilogue

screen-shot-2012-04-22-at-6-07-19-pm-1-png.10115

Dang did I get here late.

This is a long shot, but...

……^ Jody Verill facade?

There could be some other explanations too:
1. That location isnt creepshow
or
2. creepshow isnt coming at all

Or if it's the Shudder show..it could be a scene featured in the beginning of the first episode of the new series, or part of the series opening for the Shudder show.

If it wasn't happening, I'd somehow doubt that Nightmares would put it on their "Speculation Map" to throw people off, considering @Gambit's comments when there was seemingly concerns of putting up Ghostbusters or not.

or
There's nothing really recognizable with that facade and it looks like something we haven't really seen yet so I would be willing to think it's for the TV Show.

Creepshow will have a standalone panel at SDCC on July 19th at 5:45 PM, at Room 6BCF.

Greg Nicotero will be present, alongside other writers involved with the show.

Wouldn't explain the poles.

It's not wide enough to be that. Too linear.

Well I got nothing then.

I'm surprisingly okay with the idea of a Creepshow maze based on the new maze, if only because Joe Hill, Joe Lansdale and Josh Malerman are talented writers and I love their novels. Still, I'm not gonna lie when I say the nostalgia factor won't be missed.

or
Creepshow has been on the rumor mill for so long, I have to believe it’s coming. I would guess maybe it’s a different maze. Maybe things have been switched around in the wake of Us (or whatever the mystery IP winds up being).

The main thing that makes me think they would bring the original Creepshow rather than any other adaptation is that the original is really the only one anyone cares about. Creepshow had 2 sequels but they're never brought up, when people hear Creepshow they think the original, and having a maze based on the TV series before doing the original is just asking for confusion, because when people hear Creepshow, its unlikely a TV show that hasn't even aired yet will come to mind at all. Not to mention I don't think HHN has ever done a maze based on a TV series that hasn't aired yet that went well. Doing the Creepshow TV series alone without the original just seems like a really stupid choice in terms of marketing, especially with a franchise thats already as obscure as this, but thats just my two cents.

The main thing that makes me think they would bring the original Creepshow rather than any other adaptation is that the original is really the only one anyone cares about. Creepshow had 2 sequels but they're never brought up, when people hear Creepshow they think the original, and having a maze based on the TV series before doing the original is just asking for confusion, because when people hear Creepshow, its unlikely a TV show that hasn't even aired yet will come to mind at all. Not to mention I don't think HHN has ever done a maze based on a TV series that hasn't aired yet that went well. Doing the Creepshow TV series alone without the original just seems like a really stupid choice in terms of marketing, especially with a franchise thats already as obscure as this, but thats just my two cents.

The first one is the best, but I dig Creepshow 2. It's stories don't lend well to a maze though.

"Thanks for the ride, lady!"

That being said I agree with your point here 100%.

Go to the Sox photo

Not sure what we're supposed to be seeing. Doesn't look like there's a terror tram this year, so it just looks like prop storage.

The fourth image though, with all the branches, that one looks like the FDTD tent. They almost look like blossoms, not like all the green that was in Jody Verrill. Any idea what that is?