Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

I’m seeing a lot of people complain about this year on FB groups. Some are saying the house line up is weak this year and blah blah blah. Here I am thinking how good and diverse of a line up it is this year. I’ve been going for awhile and I’m pretty excited to attend this year’s event.
They probably want repeated ips that have been done many times.

I am probably the odd one out I love the IP's, but I am always more excited with the Originals that they do, since to me it more creative and creepy because of the scares you don't know. With IP's you kind of know what type of scares or monsters will be in place.
Although, I am most excited about HO1C because it is one of my favorite RZ movies, and they better have Mrs. Firefly and Baby in there screaming at us "Who's Your Daddy", while Otis jumps out and scares us carrying the jar. My other part I am hoping for is "Run Rabbit Run" & of course "DR SATAN, DR SATAN" I am wondering if the Tiny character is gonna be some stilt guy scare. I have yet to watch ST3 or US, but part of my plan as I head to LA tomorrow for 10 days.

I am probably the odd one out I love the IP's, but I am always more excited with the Originals that they do, since to me it more creative and creepy because of the scares you don't know. With IP's you kind of know what type of scares or monsters will be in place.
Although, I am most excited about HO1C because it is one of my favorite RZ movies, and they better have Mrs. Firefly and Baby in there screaming at us "Who's Your Daddy", while Otis jumps out and scares us carrying the jar. My other part I am hoping for is "Run Rabbit Run" & of course "DR SATAN, DR SATAN" I am wondering if the Tiny character is gonna be some stilt guy scare. I have yet to watch ST3 or US, but part of my plan as I head to LA tomorrow for 10 days.

Definitely not the odd one out. In fact, I think you're probably in the majority on that opinion. I feel the exact same way.

Maybe we get a Birdemic zone someday, eh? Birds sitting in the trees in Central Park, their droppings landing on your head. Scariest zone ever.

All seriousness though, I have a feeling the "Surprise Zone" is for Hollywood. I can't picture Orlando doing anything like Shadows From the Past ever again.

Us, Stranger Things, and Ho1C are easily my most anticipated of the IPs. Probably gonna be the scariest

Maybe we get a Birdemic zone someday, eh? Birds sitting in the trees in Central Park, their droppings landing on your head. Scariest zone ever.

All seriousness though, I have a feeling the "Surprise Zone" is for Hollywood. I can't picture Orlando doing anything like Shadows From the Past ever again.

Scareactors carrying coat hangers? YES PLZ!

We could also have the tree hugger lecturing us about environmental destruction. :lol:

Didn’t they do an augmented reality zone with some of the icons at the end of the event a few years back? I’m fully expecting a late in the event surprise leading into 30. It’s happened at HHN 19 and 24.

Didn’t they do an augmented reality zone with some of the icons at the end of the event a few years back? I’m fully expecting a late in the event surprise leading into 30. It’s happened at HHN 19 and 24.

The 19 zone was in Sting Alley, no AR.

I have no recollection of the Compound stuff from 24.

No. They could easily do 2 or 3 announcements in one week.

I think last year they did exactly that one week in August. Don't have the announcement schedule to check.

Last year, they announced Seeds of Extinction one day before announcing Poltergeist (Wednesday and Thursday). Then, Halloween 4 was announced on the following Tuesday. So, yah. Three announcements in less than a week.

I just find it kind of humorous that one of the only horror films that a good chunk of the films takes place in a tent, wont use a tent for HHN, not that it really matters, but I just thought it would be a done deal.
To be honest I always saw Klowns as a soundstage house. Turning the corner and seeing a massive tent-spaceship façade would have been mindblowing.

Last edited:
I guess to me they seem to be moving away from Icons so I kinda figured they may not do anything like those zones anymore. I could be wrong and I hope I am wrong.

I guess to me they seem to be moving away from Icons so I kinda figured they may not do anything like those zones anymore. I could be wrong and I hope I am wrong.

I don’t care if there’s a “preview zone.” Gimme an Icons house at 30 and I’ll be fine. Give Mary just one scene in said house and I’ll be ecstatic!

Obviously I’ll post my wishlist for 30 when 29 ends.

I don’t care if there’s a “preview zone.” Gimme an Icons house at 30 and I’ll be fine. Give Mary just one scene in said house and I’ll be ecstatic!

Obviously I’ll post my wishlist for 30 when 29 ends.
That is what I am hoping for as well. I want the Icons for the anniversary years at least if they won't appear any other year which seems to be the direction they are going.

I'm just very exciting to see Captain Spaulding's gas station, murder ride and the firefly house, those scenes should be really cool, seeing Otis regularly and in the costume and makeup for the ritual, this house will be killer, same for Killer Klowns really wish we would get some kind of entrance into the circus tent and somewhere down the line the funhouse facade from the carnival, even though Krampus seemed kind of cramp, I think they could manage pulling off some cool stuff in the Klowns house :)