Universal Studios Beijing (Now Open) | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Beijing (Now Open)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
In Japan, it really makes no sense being there since there's already Snoopy's Great Race around the corner from the Hogsmeade entrance.

How many attractions is this park opening with again ?

Looks like about 20 to me but thats without any character stuff like raptor encounter.

Jurassic World:
Gyrosphere dark ride
Dome inverted coaster

Hollywood:
Theatre
F&F Supercharged
Special effects show
Outdoor ampitheatre

Minion Land:
Minion mayhem (expected)
2-3 Kids rides

Hoggsmead:
Forbidden Journey
Hippogrifth

Waterworld:
Show

Transformers Base:
Transformers 3D
Deceptacon coaster (Hulk clone)
Bumblebee - tea cup spinner

Kung Fu Panda:
Water ride
2-3 kids rides

Looks like about 20 to me but thats without any character stuff like raptor encounter.

Jurassic World:
Gyrosphere dark ride
Dome inverted coaster

Hollywood:
Theatre
F&F Supercharged
Special effects show
Outdoor ampitheatre

Minion Land:
Minion mayhem (expected)
2-3 Kids rides

Hoggsmead:
Forbidden Journey
Hippogrifth

Waterworld:
Show

Transformers Base:
Transformers 3D
Deceptacon coaster (Hulk clone)
Bumblebee - tea cup spinner

Kung Fu Panda:
Water ride
2-3 kids rides
Thanks for the response.

It's possible the F&F ride is extremely cheap to clone. I imagine a lot of the cost was in production/filming/post-production of the video/cgi, and development of tech. Once that's all already done, just building it again might be super cheap.

That and the fact that the Beijing park had been in development for years, so they probably have the greenlight to F&F Beijing before the realized it is a disaster.

It's also possible the Beijing market is more accepting of the ride.

F&F is HUGE in international box office since it translates so easily. Who knows, maybe their version will be improved and then the improvements can be implemented in Florida too.

Reactions: Dhdhddh and Mad Dog
F&F is HUGE in international box office since it translates so easily. Who knows, maybe their version will be improved and then the improvements can be implemented in Florida too.

Here's an improvement...
building-implosion-10.gif

To be fair I think there are supposedly improvements signed off for USB like animatronic drivers. Personally I'd prefer a basic launch coaster with car shaped coaster cars over Supercharged.

Last edited:
If that attraction roster is correct, the park will already have an imbalance of screen attractions on day 1. Surprised they might get it so wrong when Universal Studios Singapore really had the right variety.

Looking at that hypothetical/rumored lineup, it really does kind of feel underwhelming (from a Stateside guest viewpoint, of course). Lots of clones/re-themes, with really only the KFP water ride and Gyrosphere ride being the unknown quantities or opportunities for signature, park-exclusive E-tickets.

Looking at that hypothetical/rumored lineup, it really does kind of feel underwhelming (from a Stateside guest viewpoint, of course). Lots of clones/re-themes, with really only the KFP water ride and Gyrosphere ride being the unknown quantities or opportunities for signature, park-exclusive E-tickets.

They also have the Jurassic World E-ticket suspended coaster, but yeah, that's pretty much everything. It'll still be a great park though.

Reactions: belloq87

I kinda agree, but the way they are building the lands looks top notch - Potter theming levels for Jurassic World?! :exclap:and I would imagine most of the rides will be the best version of the ride.

I guess they decided they don't really need to appeal to an international marketplace when they have 1.4 billion potential visitors in China.

I think this lineup is fine. Gyrosphere and JW alone sound amazing and worth visiting along with KFP. Its also kind of all their best stuff id argue that are still from relevant properties

Reactions: RFRees and Jamesh22
Every park needs a variety of experiences. Really think of the old Disney A-E Ticket structure. Not everything is an E-Ticket. Some have got to be A,B,C,D. Most of the lineup mentioned is solid C,D,E so you need a couple of A,B level things too.