Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Waits and Uptime Reports - Hagrid’s Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

I don't see how we can't be critical of Universal for all this. Sure, its a new ride. It will have glitches its not that Im not understanding but this ride seems barely operational?

And it is actually getting better, overall. More trains on (when it's running,) and earlier openings (when it opens,) means they're getting the ride system tweaked the way they need to.

Once it's done and fully tweaked, there won't be a need for late openings, and down times should be less and less, until barely ever. (Just like Gringotts.)

I don't see how we can't be critical of Universal for all this. Sure, its a new ride. It will have glitches its not that Im not understanding but this ride seems barely operational?

The good news is that I am positive all of UC and operations are sweating bullets over these issues. They know they have a massive ad campaign out promoting this very attraction and to not have it running is going to cost the company money due to refunds and giveaways and even reputation.

I admit I didn't follow the Gringott's operations early on although I know they struggled, is Hagrid been similar or worse in your guys opinion's who experienced both? Idk, as I consumer who would be vacationing, I personally wouldn't be too pleased right now. Granted I stay away from openings personally anyways but for the people there right now, opening in the afternoon with often delays every single day is not that much more than barely operating. I just don't feel theres much of an uproar here, but maybe there doesn't need to be. This seems like a wrong opening date to me. Things happen I understand, but I think you all see my point to.

I admit I didn't follow the Gringott's operations early on although I know they struggled, is Hagrid been similar or worse in your guys opinion's who experienced both? Idk, as I consumer who would be vacationing, I personally wouldn't be too pleased right now. Granted I stay away from openings personally anyways but for the people there right now, opening in the afternoon with often delays every single day is not that much more than barely operating. I just don't feel theres much of an uproar here, but maybe there doesn't need to be. This seems like a wrong opening date to me. Things happen I understand, but I think you all see my point to.
I feel both were exaggerated by various internet forums and Twitter

I remember getting to ride Gringotts at an AP preview... and then it died and didn't even open with the rest of the land. At least Hagrid opened when it was supposed to.

Regarding the lack of an uproar: To what end? We're all just pissing into the wind on the internet no matter how we come down on any issue. Continuously getting outraged about something out of your control is worthless.

I feel both were exaggerated by various internet forums and Twitter
Yes..and...Seems like they were about equal with issues (subtracting weather downtimes which Gringotts wasn't subject too). They were forever rewriting programs on Gringotts too, according to insiders back then. ...But heck, Gringotts has been pretty damn dependable since those initial 3 months of problems, not counting the wreck downtime maintenance short cut caused later on. I'm sure Hagrids will be fine after the initial opening months.

I mean Im not saying lets protest outside Universal Im fine lol. Im just saying (and I know this is a Universal site) but there is clear displeasure with Disney when something is off, its vocalized and I don't feel anyone brings up how bad of an issue this has been since its been open for a month now and wont even open for a day. No we aren't going to change anything here but it doesn't feel discussed how this wasn't planned well at all it seems. My cousin who is vacationing there has been there for 3 days and has not gotten the chance to ride it because everytime she's checked her app, its down. People on vacation can't wait all day for 1 attraction!

I mean Im not saying lets protest outside Universal Im fine lol. Im just saying (and I know this is a Universal site) but there is clear displeasure with Disney when something is off, its vocalized and I don't feel anyone brings up how bad of an issue this has been since its been open for a month now and wont even open for a day. No we aren't going to change anything here but it doesn't feel discussed how this wasn't planned well at all it seems. My cousin who is vacationing there has been there for 3 days and has not gotten the chance to ride it because everytime she's checked her app, its down. People on vacation can't wait all day for 1 attraction!

It's definitely discussed. They announced a date too early, ran into a new problem between then and opening, and trapped them. It is what it is.

People are still discussing it. In fact, certain sites are even writing articles as recently as today about how people who are on vacation just to see this ride aren’t getting on.

And I believe there’s a way to have the app notify you when the ride opens.

Maybe Im not reading the right threads then or read them enough, just from what Ive seen it feels not super discussed other than the fact that its down. Rather than talking about the implications of the closures. Was just commenting on what I noticed! Hopefully they figure it out soon so Hagrid doesn't turn into bad PR for them, although I wouldn't expect it to since it already sounds a bit better today.

RE the app though, its not even about when it opens its that when it opens it gets down. While Hagrid was the main reason for her trip, and she knew the risk of booking within the first month, this does seem a bit ridiculous. She didn't go on vacation to wait in the Hagrid queue for it to be open when theres the rest of the resort available to her. Long waits aren't the issue either, like I said and we know its just down a lot. She's not having a bad time but she leaves tomorrow night and is worried she wont ride and will complain afterwards if she's there for a week and can't ride a new attraction because she didn't dedicate an entire day of her stay to it. Again, just something Ive noticed and have somewhat experienced this through her eyes this week and have found it interesting.

If you're comparing this to people not showing up for Star Wars Land, then those are apple and oranges discussions....And to be honest, one of them warrants deeper discussion

The good news is that I am positive all of UC and operations are sweating bullets over these issues. They know they have a massive ad campaign out promoting this very attraction and to not have it running is going to cost the company money due to refunds and giveaways and even reputation.
I honestly don't think UC should be sweating bullets at all despite the teething problems mostly because when it DOES run, people are declaring it one of the best rides in Orlando. Obviously it's not ideal but having Hagrid be praised by critics and audiences alike even after they wait 3+ hours is a testament to their great work. Even their official social media accounts aren't getting as hammered as you would expect given the technical problems. Sure there are some angry people who keep getting unlucky and are having difficulty getting on the ride but Universal has been very generous to the vocal people who have been unable to ride during their vacations and the ruby tickets give dedicated visitors the opportunity to try again with less of a wait.

I rode it twice during my visit and both times involved sweating in 100 degree heat, extended hour-long downtimes, and two weather delays. If I add all the time I spent waiting it comes to nearly 7 hours of standing in line for my 2 rides and I STILL got off both times thinking, "that was worth it." I'm sure internal pressure and anxiety at UC was MUCH greater after F&F opened and that ride almost never went down.

If you're comparing this to people not showing up for Star Wars Land, then those are apple and oranges discussions....And to be honest, one of them warrants deeper discussion
Im not comparing it to Galaxy's Edge, thats entirely different since thats a land and not a single attraction. Same with Diagon opening without Gringott's. Is it a good look? No, but not having Gringott's open when the Hogwart's Express attraction is open and all the shops and the land itself, its much more manageable to not make it to opening date. When Hagrid's Coaster is all thats opening, having it not run well is an issue since that is the sole new attraction.