Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 413 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nope, I never said that. Last year was great because of the quality of the houses. An icon and defined theme would have enhanced the experience IMO. A second show involving an icon would have helped with the foot traffic of crowds.
As a fan, It could have been great to have another icon, yes, but not having an icon doesn't detract from the event in any way.

It's a similar situation to whomever was triggered because they wanted there to be a written detailed backstory to Carnival Graveyard last year. There is also constant complaining that the website is too simple, or they miss the icons, or they want an all OG year, etc

I totally get your argument, and you aren't necessarily wrong, it just seems....familiar

Reactions: SeventyOne
As a fan, It could have been great to have another icon, yes, but not having an icon doesn't detract from the event in any way.

It's a similar situation to whomever was triggered because they wanted there to be a written detailed backstory to Carnival Graveyard last year. There is also constant complaining that the website is too simple, or they miss the icons, or they want an all OG year, etc

I totally get your argument, and you aren't necessarily wrong, it just seems....familiar

Moi. Hey, they mentioned it, and could've easily released those instead of the DE postcards.

Slaughter Sinema could've been a video store instead of a drive-in, with videotapes of each of the originals--wa-la, an overarching theme, no icon needed and marketing still gets to make the IPs the event focus.

Just because the non-Jack icons can't be featured in the marketing doesn't mean they can't have a bigger appearance at the event, dare I say it more so than at 25. Have a house with a section for each one like HNN @ 14 (but grander), maybe a show with them serving Jack. I'd say a Photo-Op zone with them would be nice too but they've done that three times already sooooo...

(Can we please stop talking about icons now?)

Last edited:
I mean, could you imagine a hip hop artist doing haunted houses? all the scareactors would like dance toward you instead of jumping out at you...eh on second thought, that sounds way more frightening so maybe not.

That’s starting to sound like that crappy “Legion” show on FX!

I think Universal is reading this and will announce one people stop asking when everyone things another announcement will come.
So, they'll never make another announcement, then?

Slight derail - my brain stopped working for a moment and started wondering why the hip hop artist Usher was doing HHN houses.

Totally the wrong Usher.
Well, he does have the voice that make your booty go smack. That could be horrifying, depending.

PastSadIndianringneckparakeet-max-1mb.gif