Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride

This may sound odd, but honestly, seeing them off, even if it's a malfunction makes how they work even more wowing because the visuals already look great thanks the motion parallax. By that, I mean how the stuff like the plants already looked very convincing with the depth they gave off. This really is one of those rides where it's much better in person.
First look, I thought plants were in front (physical) and screen behind.

Ride is open
That ride is incredible! The Mosasaurus aquarium is so well done! They put so much work and money into it, and it shows in how well the screens work in tandem and the 'real' factor of it (do we know if it actually will bump the boat?). The only small nitpick I have is when the Mosa crashes into the glass, it's so apparent that the water isn't coming from the crack, but a hose in the corner. The new skin on the Stegos and the Hadro are really beautiful (the "deadness" of this part plays much better in person as they're only feet from each other in just one turn)! The inside area feels so fresh and new, you could hardly believe what it used to look like. They use every foot of the inside of that area. The new skin on the Rex and the Indo give such a real atmosphere when you're in it by their scale, the detail in the paint and how well they move. They did a really good job of hiding the Rex until you're right on it. That part in A mode is going to be insane! I loved every second of it. However, I do agree that the Pteranodons look like they're place holders, they're so fake looking that they look thrown in there at the last second. Other than that, this ride was more than worth the wait!

Last edited:
Single rider is about 10 min. Rode it 3 times today and boy they are having timing issues. 1st ride all the effects were ahead by a few boat lengths. Second one 5 boats were stacked in predator cove for 10 min. 3rd ride stacked behind 1 boat in PC causing final scenes to be out of sync.

Does Universal intend on having it complete for opening? Do you know what is to be added or changed?
How you see it today is more or less how it will be at opening. And yes, I have heard some rumblings but they won’t be implemented too soon from what I am also hearing. Few months down the line it may seem.