Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

Now I know that trackless dark rides are super advanced and not surprisingly can be finicky, butttt...

...that's bad, isn't it?

Now I know that trackless dark rides are super advanced and not surprisingly can be finicky, butttt...

...that's bad, isn't it?
In terms of ride construction oversight or quality of the attraction.?

Rocket Rods had some major structural issues, but it was also a terrible attraction

...that's bad, isn't it?

The rest of that Tweet thread implies WDW's is still on track to open by the end of the year.

How could that possibly be? What's going on out in Disneyland that is unique to them?

Good question... You'd figure if one is having issues, the other would be - unless some catastrophic accident happened in DL.

If we buy the story about Hollywood Studios pulling people off of Runaway Railway to work on ROTR, maybe that would imply there are just physically more people allocated to getting Orlando's version running? Possible, I guess, but feels like a stretch.

Bright Suns Morning Breakfast service at GESWL already cut during weekdays. Entertainment cuts at DCA, Staff cuts. Custodian Cuts....This is going downhill really fast. .....I don't think we'll be seeing any restoration of SW Entertainment, that was cut even before GESWL opened, for a long time.....Seems like they're panicking too soon, and these panic moves will just make everything look worse.

Good question... You'd figure if one is having issues, the other would be - unless some catastrophic accident happened in DL.

We've already discussed how it would be sort of overkill for the FL version to be built to CA earthquake standards. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they aren't exact duplicates structurally.

And if they buried electronic sensors in concrete, that was beyond stupid.

Last edited:
Funny you mention that, Krismeetsworld seems to indicate they have a possible issue with Sensors for DL.

Even when they reinstall the sensors, what do they do in a year or so when the sensors inevitably start to break and malfunction? I'm not an engineer but I assume that at least one of the sensors will break and will to be replaced or repaired and if it is under concrete they can not tear it up and replace it overnight.

It seems to me if that is the case they should have them installed in wells with access panels for quick and easy replacement.

I'm just having a hard time understanding why parks keep trying to install these trackless systems and they haven't been perfected yet. Pooh in Tokyo is trackless (I think it was first), and it seems to run just fine. But Disney, Universal, and SeaWorld all have installed trackless systems that seem to have issues. It just seems the trackless gimmick is needless most of the time when it would be faster and easier and cheaper to install a bussbar.

Funny you mention that, Krismeetsworld seems to indicate they have a possible issue with Sensors for DL.

The guy is an idiot (I don’t say that lightly) so I don’t think this is the reason.

I’ve been told it’s the vehicles moving during the elevator drop. There is no locking mechanism and the vehicles move during it, shutting the ride down. Tons of temp fixes haven’t worked.

Last edited by a moderator:
The guy is an idiot (I don’t say that lightly) so I don’t think this is the reason.

I’ve been told it’s the vehicles moving during the elevator drop. There is no locking mechanism and the vehicles move during it, shutting the ride down. Tons of temp fixes haven’t worked.

So attempting to connect any sort of dots ...
Maybe WDW is adding something permanent during construction to correct this, while DL has to add it to an already constucted ride?

Surely Disneys plan would be to at least preview RotR at D23?
People at the panel get a preview afterwards or next day, similar to how they did the "you've all got a fastpass to first new Fantasmic after this show" from last D23

Or is that wishful thinking?