Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Waits and Uptime Reports - Hagrid’s Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

So it still seems like actual wait time vs posted wait time is about 1/2.

I guess they're buffering posted time still just in case they need to shut it down temporarily.

When I entered the line in the Lost Continent this morning, team members were shouting 3 and 4 hours. When I got off the ride an hour later, the posted wait was 210 despite the line not ending until well past the entrance from what I saw. The Single Rider line was light when I was boarding; getting past the lost continent line was the only hurdle for that line

When I entered the line in the Lost Continent this morning, team members were shouting 3 and 4 hours. When I got off the ride an hour later, the posted wait was 210 despite the line not ending until well past the entrance from what I saw. The Single Rider line was light when I was boarding; getting past the lost continent line was the only hurdle for that line

Yep. Same. You must have been right ahead of me. My wait would have been like 20 mins shorter if they didn’t allow a whole tour group of 400 to skip.

I think what you're describing is how they thought they'd be able to fight through spacing issues - on most coasters that run 3/4 trains you can fire all the trains through and catch them at the end. But three blocks for 8-10 trains with the complexity of the Devil's Snare right before those blocks is a lot for the computer to process.

You may be able to hold a train at the curve, but from what I can tell they can't address spacing for the entire length of load/unload because it's all one system tied to the speed of the walkway. Load/unload is where you should be able to clear all that up - if you had extra blocks at the beginning in the area between launch 1 and 2 in addition to the three at the end, I would think it would be a lot easier to keep the ride in sequence.

I'm no expert on ride programming, it just seems like continuous load was a mistake. I think we can all agree that this thing is beyond complex - I can't think of a more challenging coaster profile than the stretch that goes Fluffy, switch, LIM, spike, reverse LIM, switch, switch, drop, switch.

This guy gets it, and he’s handsome. Welcome to the forum please post more!

Rode today - posted at 210 but wait was only 63 minutes. Here's the weird part. 50 minutes of it was outside, waiting. Once inside the queue literally zoomed.

Sounds kinda like FJ queue zoom.

On another note, I too set my system notifications for the app to ON and then set the app to tell me when this ride opens. I was in a completely different app when the alert came up that it had reopened. So it does work fine for me as well.

Ride is at capacity as of ~5pm. Last I checked the wait was 150mins so it looks like they're aiming to have it cleared by 7pm
Most likely before that around 6pm as they seem to be overestimating by more than double.

Was there any non-weather related downtime at all today?

Last edited:
Most likely before that around 6pm as they seem to be overestimating by more than double.

Was there any non-weather related downtime at all today?

It was down around 10.30 for 30mins. Not sure if it was a breakdown or if they were adding more trains

Got in line around 4:40 and waited roughly 90 minutes! They told us they’d be closing the queue around 5:00 when we asked (around 4:15), which seemed accurate based on the app.

Apparently the goal is to cycle everyone through by 7:00 so they can start maintenance then.