Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't done one of these in a while.....

Universal's Fantastic Worlds: Blue Sky Concept

Divided into five distinct "Worlds". Each world features amazing rides and immersive surroundings.

Super Nintendo World: I can't believe I'm saying this, but other than adjustments to the width of the original plans and having the DK play area available from the start, nothing about the land should change. The models looked astonishing enough without adding anything, and Pokemon is pretty much the expansion everyone wants anyways. Just make sure that the land doesn't get too crowded, and maybe add another exit near Mine-Cart Madness. Just for consistency's sake, the rides are listed below.
  • Mario Kart: The most technologically-advanced ride that Universal has ever built. Eight different tracks are featured, along with interactive elements that cause you to feel like you're truly battling for the first place spot. Beware of blue-shells (looking at you, Luigi).
  • Donkey Kong: Mine-Cart Madness: Ride alongside Donkey Kong, Funky Kong, Diddy Kong and the rest of the gang as you jump over towering waterfalls and spikes on your way to fight King K Rool. Animatronics galore. Contains water interactions.
  • Yoshi's Adventure: Omnimover madness. Climb on top of your own personal Yoshi and watch as he takes you on a tour of the Mushroom Kingdom. Fun for all ages.
Pokemon Safari Zone: Here's where it gets interesting. The largest land in Fantastic Worlds goes to the Pokemon franchise. The land is lightly themed to the Galar region from Sword and Shield (mostly inspiration). Here, you will find four rides and multiple interactive experiences all designed to get you up close and personal with your Pokemon. The interactive experiences include designing your own Pokemon to take home with you, hunting for Pokemon in the woods surrounding the town, and battling other trainers with the Pokemon you have created. The rides include...
  • Pokemon Adventure: Pretty much the Pokemon Snap ride that everyone always talks about. The rarer the Pokemon, the more points you earn. The points can be turned into credits to be used at other spots in the land. No height requirement.
  • Pokemon Escape: All of Team Rocket's Pokemon have escaped, and are causing havoc! Track them down, but make sure not to get caught in the crossfire along the way.... Trackless, thrilling dark ride. More ROTR than Spider-Man. Lots of practical effects, including fire and water bursts.
  • Gyarados Twirl: Small flat ride, a mix between Aquatopia at TDS and One Fish. A giant Gyarados animatronic spits water at the riders.
  • Psyduck Hypnosis: Another small flat. Basically a rethemed Freeze Ray Sliders.
How to Train Your Dragon: Island of Berk: Themed around the hit animated film franchise. Discover a viking paradise, where surprises await you around every corner. Lots of merchandise and animatronics scattered throughout. HTTYD Live makes its way to Florida. Three rides.
  • Nightfury: A launched Intamin Blitz coaster. No inversions. Similar to Hagrid in thrills, hopefully better than Hagrid in downtime. Lots of Taron comparisons. Two indoor sections, one at the beginning and one in the middle.
  • Battle for Berk: Indoor Kuka-Arm similar to Forbidden Journey. Less extreme (trying to hit a lower height requirement). More practical effects.
  • Dragon Flight: Swinging flat ride. Nothing special, just more for kids to do.
Fantastic Beasts: Based around the prequel to the legendary Harry Potter franchise. But it's not just based around Newt and the gang. Instead, I think that the land will be divided among the newer characters in the franchise and the older characters. Dumbledore hosts one ride, Newt hosts the other. That way, it appeals to both fan demographics, guaranteeing partial success at the least. More wand elements and butterbeer stands (the more butterbeer there is in the world, the better).
  • Dumbledore and the Ministry of Magic: Tour the French MoM with Dumbledore as your guide. Hopefully nothing goes wrong. Indoor drop tower, Universal's long overdo answer to Tower of Terror. Mostly screens.
  • Fantastic Beasts Creature Tour: Indoor omnimover ride, similar to Yoshi. Finally gives the young Potter fans something to do.
Land of Monsters: Divided into two subsections: Scooby Doo and Universal Classic Monsters. Special Halloween events. The two sections have a ride each, with each section also containing a small, second attraction. Classic Monsters gets a year-round haunt maze, and Scooby gets a kids play area.
  • The Insidious Castle: Indoor Kuka-Arm dark ride that features all of the Classic Monsters. Intense and frightening.
  • Scooby Doo: Carnival of Chaos: Trackless dark ride. Aimed at a family-friendly crowd, with a low height requirement. Based around the old cartoons, not the live action movie or the upcoming adaptation.
Not too bad, I don't think. Not unrealistic, either.

Divided into five distinct "Worlds". Each world features amazing rides and immersive surroundings.

Super Nintendo World: I can't believe I'm saying this, but other than adjustments to the width of the original plans and having the DK play area available from the start, nothing about the land should change. The models looked astonishing enough without adding anything, and Pokemon is pretty much the expansion everyone wants anyways. Just make sure that the land doesn't get too crowded, and maybe add another exit near Mine-Cart Madness. Just for consistency's sake, the rides are listed below.
  • Mario Kart: The most technologically-advanced ride that Universal has ever built. Eight different tracks are featured, along with interactive elements that cause you to feel like you're truly battling for the first place spot. Beware of blue-shells (looking at you, Luigi).
  • Donkey Kong: Mine-Cart Madness: Ride alongside Donkey Kong, Funky Kong, Diddy Kong and the rest of the gang as you jump over towering waterfalls and spikes on your way to fight King K Rool. Animatronics galore. Contains water interactions.
  • Yoshi's Adventure: Omnimover madness. Climb on top of your own personal Yoshi and watch as he takes you on a tour of the Mushroom Kingdom. Fun for all ages.
Pokemon Safari Zone: Here's where it gets interesting. The largest land in Fantastic Worlds goes to the Pokemon franchise. The land is lightly themed to the Galar region from Sword and Shield (mostly inspiration). Here, you will find four rides and multiple interactive experiences all designed to get you up close and personal with your Pokemon. The interactive experiences include designing your own Pokemon to take home with you, hunting for Pokemon in the woods surrounding the town, and battling other trainers with the Pokemon you have created. The rides include...
  • Pokemon Adventure: Pretty much the Pokemon Snap ride that everyone always talks about. The rarer the Pokemon, the more points you earn. The points can be turned into credits to be used at other spots in the land. No height requirement.
  • Pokemon Escape: All of Team Rocket's Pokemon have escaped, and are causing havoc! Track them down, but make sure not to get caught in the crossfire along the way.... Trackless, thrilling dark ride. More ROTR than Spider-Man. Lots of practical effects, including fire and water bursts.
  • Gyarados Twirl: Small flat ride, a mix between Aquatopia at TDS and One Fish. A giant Gyarados animatronic spits water at the riders.
  • Psyduck Hypnosis: Another small flat. Basically a rethemed Freeze Ray Sliders.
How to Train Your Dragon: Island of Berk: Themed around the hit animated film franchise. Discover a viking paradise, where surprises await you around every corner. Lots of merchandise and animatronics scattered throughout. HTTYD Live makes its way to Florida. Three rides.
  • Nightfury: A launched Intamin Blitz coaster. No inversions. Similar to Hagrid in thrills, hopefully better than Hagrid in downtime. Lots of Taron comparisons. Two indoor sections, one at the beginning and one in the middle.
  • Battle for Berk: Indoor Kuka-Arm similar to Forbidden Journey. Less extreme (trying to hit a lower height requirement). More practical effects.
Fantastic Beasts: Based around the prequel to the legendary Harry Potter franchise. But it's not just based around Newt and the gang. Instead, I think that the land will be divided among the newer characters in the franchise and the older characters. Dumbledore hosts one ride, Newt hosts the other. That way, it appeals to both fan demographics, guaranteeing partial success at the least. More wand elements and butterbeer stands (the more butterbeer there is in the world, the better).
  • Dumbledore and the Ministry of Magic: Tour the French MoM with Dumbledore as your guide. Hopefully nothing goes wrong. Indoor drop tower, Universal's long overdo answer to Tower of Terror. Mostly screens.
  • Fantastic Beasts Creature Tour: Indoor omnimover ride, similar to Yoshi. Finally gives the young Potter fans something to do.
Land of Monsters: Divided into two subsections: Scooby Doo and Universal Classic Monsters. Special Halloween events. The two sections have a ride each, with each section also containing a small, second attraction. Classic Monsters gets a year-round haunt maze, and Scooby gets a kids play area.
  • The Insidious Castle: Indoor Kuka-Arm dark ride that features all of the Classic Monsters. Intense and frightening.
  • Scooby Doo: Carnival of Chaos: Trackless dark ride. Aimed at a family-friendly crowd, with a low height requirement. Based around the old cartoons, not the live action movie or the upcoming adaptation.
Really nice lineup even though I don’t care to see Fantastic Beasts in the new park as it’s own land.

The Kongg ride system but the vehicle is the mystery machine

But, it seems like there was always an undercurrent of camp comedy in most of the Universal classic monsters movies. When I was young, many many years ago, the classic monster movies never ever scared me. And that wasn't many years after their hehday. But I always had an element of fear from watching the original, The Thing, It From Outer Space, The Day the Earth Stood still etc.

My main point was that "Monsters" could extend far beyond Frank, Drac, etc as there are many iconic monsters....But I do see your point @Imperius....Universal needs a true 'horror' section.

But, it seems like there was always an undercurrent of camp comedy in most of the Universal classic monsters movies. When I was young, many many years ago, the classic monster movies never ever scared me. And that wasn't many years after their hehday. But I always had an element of fear from watching the original, The Thing, It From Outer Space, The Day the Earth Stood still etc.
I find the original Dracula creepy and unsettling to this day. The combination of Lugosi's performance and the way the sets are cast in shadows just set that tone for me

Status
Not open for further replies.