Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride

Curious as to why universal took the waterfall away from the T-Rex area as it was perfect way of hiding her. Hopefully they are still working on it tho
I don't understand it either. Those two effects always worked: the waterfall and the T-Rex. You could always count on her charging at you and the waterfall running. I can't remember a time where it didn't. That's one of the reasons I liked ours more than the one in Florida. Plus it always surprised first riders that didn't expect a full size T-Rex to come from the waterfall

I don't understand it either. Those two effects always worked: the waterfall and the T-Rex. You could always count on her charging at you and the waterfall running. I can't remember a time where it didn't. That's one of the reasons I liked ours more than the one in Florida. Plus it always surprised first riders that didn't expect a full size T-Rex to come from the waterfall

I liked it too, but I think it could be replicated easily with some kind of fog/mist effect which wouldn't impact on the animatronic.

I'd add that to my wish list along with finishing the indo and adding animatronics to predator cove :thumbsup:

View attachment 10138 Just saw the pov vid from SoCal Attractions 360 (they have like the best lowlight camera I’ve ever seen) and in the finale you can see a large empty area past the I-Rex covered with a black curtain. It seems like this would be the space the whole I-Rex in A mode (with full body) would be placed in. I’ve had this feeling (and I’m sure that you guys have too) that not only is the I-Rex head pushed away into the corner, but it’s also seriously far away from the T-Rex. Is it possible that this is the area where the full figure will be, so that it’s albeit somewhat closer to the T-Rex?
That’s actually super interesting since that curtain is placed in a pretty similar spot to where the “leaked” mock-up for Indo was placed. I wonder if this is the case, and if so, the timeline we’re looking at for it to be in effect..

I wonder if the weird timing and boat stacking issues being scene are related to the fact that we may have a boat stopping point for the A mode finale right before the drop. The ride system may be working out those kinks as well?

The last time I visited Universal before the refurb, Rexy didn't work all day. Rode two or three times and all we ever saw was a waterfall. So if we have to lose the waterfall for the sake of the AA resilience, I think it’s worth it.

That’s actually super interesting since that curtain is placed in a pretty similar spot to where the “leaked” mock-up for Indo was placed. I wonder if this is the case, and if so, the timeline we’re looking at for it to be in effect..

Makes me wonder if behind the curtain is an entirely separate animatronic and the head we’re seeing is only meant to pop out for a moment and then back up before the TRex comes out

just heard a radio commercial on kroq saying the ride is officially open now
Fake news. It’s not. A lot of media doesn’t understand technical rehearsals. They hear the ride is operating so they say it’s open and everybody freaks out. In reality it’s still in technical rehearsal. You can ride it but it’s subject to close whenever.

Fake news. It’s not. A lot of media doesn’t understand technical rehearsals. They hear the ride is operating so they say it’s open and everybody freaks out. In reality it’s still in technical rehearsal. You can ride it but it’s subject to close whenever.

its an official universal studios commercial though, not just the dj's mentioning or talking about it

i figure these radio stations would start giving away free tix to universal once it officially opens as a promotion but i only really listen to kroq so other stations might be offering it

i am curious if anyone else heard of the commercial though

its an official universal studios commercial though, not just the dj's mentioning or talking about it

i figure these radio stations would start giving away free tix to universal once it officially opens as a promotion but i only really listen to kroq so other stations might be offering it

i am curious if anyone else heard of the commercial though
That can't be right. It's not on Universal's social media accounts and it's not on the app

giphy.gif

Lol the arrogance around here sometimes.

"Hey, I heard a commercial on the radio that said the ride is officially open, wonder what that's about."

"uh no fake news i can tell you literally everything about how media and theme parks work, for i am an expert and definitely not just some random person on a message board."

Yeeaaahhh not so much.

Also

"I can see the T-rex's legs when I'm on the ride, kinda looks like it's just floating in mid air, it's weird."

"uh no you cant, literally nobody has ever seen the t-rex's legs because in fact it is impossible because of all the darkness and second of all i have the rare ability to implant myself in your consciousness and literally see the world through your eyes and you didnt see anything"

Some folks seriously just need to ease up, none of this stuff is serious lol

"Hey, I heard a commercial on the radio that said the ride is officially open, wonder what that's about."

"uh no fake news i can tell you literally everything about how media and theme parks work, for i am an expert and definitely not just some random person on a message board."

Yeeaaahhh not so much.

Also

"I can see the T-rex's legs when I'm on the ride, kinda looks like it's just floating in mid air, it's weird."

"uh no you cant, literally nobody has ever seen the t-rex's legs because in fact it is impossible because of all the darkness and second of all i have the rare ability to implant myself in your consciousness and literally see the world through your eyes and you didnt see anything"

To be fair, KCAL was reporting it open 2 weeks ago when it was just in technical rehearsal. A lot of stations were. I was going based on the idiots at the news stations.

Also, that “opening” was uhhh very anticlimactic. I hate that they do JP/JW dirty like that. It’s their biggest owned IP. They should be celebrating. Sadly if it doesn’t have to do with Potter, Universal gives half effort.

Yeeaaahhh not so much.

Also

WE'RE the ones who need to ease up?? When that person posted that, there was nothing on Universal's Instagram page, they only put it up after I responded. The ride is also still not on the app. And who is saying they know everything about media and theme parks work???

Y’all were just super quick to shoot down a person who ended up being right and I think it’s funny when people who are so sure of themselves end up being wrong. The right response to that person’s post is something like “Oh that’s interesting, who knows, maybe something is going on,” not “Fake news, I know what’s REALLY happening,” and then being totally proven wrong.

Sorry, there’s just a lot of irony and humor in that. And I stand by comment about the arrogance around here, some of y’all just clearly feel the need to be right 100% of the time, and we’re not talking about anything serious here. It’s a theme park.