Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 551 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find the original Dracula creepy and unsettling to this day. The combination of Lugosi's performance and the way the sets are cast in shadows just set that tone for me
He's one of my favorites...Cool, calculated, collected, and dangerous...Almost an early Hannibal Lecter

Creature From the Black Lagoon is probably second

Reactions: belloq87
Wait didn’t someone say that the new park won’t have a “Citywalk” 2.0 as its entrance so is a version of it coming to the park at all ?

Not to get into the debate about the future of the expansion area beyond UFW, but I would imagine Universal will follow a similar plan to the one they did back in the 90's: one step at a time.
Better be some good in park dining
I mean, I agree that the dining should be above par, but...

The precedence in Orlando for theme parks is that they are islands, with little to no activity immediately outside of the gates (aside from a parking lot). This includes four Disney parks and Sea World, not to mention all the water parks.

Universal is the outlier, having their dining and shopping experience connected directly to their two parks.

Going back to Universal Horror Land, here is a full list of every monster/scary/theme park friendly property they can pull from if they want:

Classic Monsters: Hunchback of Notre Dame, Phantom Of the Opera, Dracula, Frankenstein, Wolfman, Invisible Man, The Mummy, Creature of Black Lagoon

Universal Horror Franchises outside the monsters: Edgar Allan Poe, The Cat and The Canary, Ape Woman, The Creeper, Night Gallery, Alfred Hitchcock, The Creeper, Inner Sanctum Mysteries, Tremors

Family Friendly Horror Rights: The Munsters, The Addams Family (newspaper comic version; MGM owns the other versions), Casper the Friendly Ghost, Paranorman*, Coraline*, House with a Clock in Its Walls

I find the original Dracula creepy and unsettling to this day. The combination of Lugosi's performance and the way the sets are cast in shadows just set that tone for me
the acting though....is so over the top.... you have to laugh at some of it :lol:....but it is entertaining, no doubt.

I could see it being like a branch of the monsters area... kind of like Donkey Kong is to Nintendoland

The thing about that is, if it’s true that there will be only one entrance into a land, you’d have to go through scary monster land to get to kiddie monster land. I would think, if it happens, that Scooby would be in a more child focused area

Reactions: Dhdhddh
The thing about that is, if it’s true that there will be only one entrance into a land, you’d have to go through scary monster land to get to kiddie monster land. I would think, if it happens, that Scooby would be in a more child focused area
Dreamworks picks up scooby n the gang problem solved

Reactions: Dhdhddh
Unless they're building 2 parks, I really don't see the need for a CityWalk.

The proximity to the convention center is a huge reason to have something for people who aren't going to the parks IMO. I'd have a Citiwalk and shuttles running back and forth to the convention center all day. Get them on property spending money.

Who's to say that there couldn't be a small buffer area at the entrance? And it wouldn't be any worse than all the Dreamworks areas colliding with one another. Put the kids area first (Scooby) than add a little pathway back to the main area.

This park isn’t going to have stand alone attractions IMO. While I don’t think scooby is coming but if they did it would be fit into the monsters area. The monsters area isn’t going to be like HHN. Like someone else said, it’s gonna be more Haunted Mansion.

This park isn’t going to have stand alone attractions IMO. While I don’t think scooby is coming but if they did it would be fit into the monsters area. The monsters area isn’t going to be like HHN. Like someone else said, it’s gonna be more Haunted Mansion.

It will absolutely be closer to HHN than Haunted Mansion.

I would put a lot of money on nothing "kiddy" being connected to it.

yeah, I wouldn't think it would be HHN scary, since they're going to want to attract a wide spread of age groups, family's included, though not real young kid level. . Haunted Mansion plus a bit level sounds appropriate and probable.

Status
Not open for further replies.