Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride

WE'RE the ones who need to ease up?? When that person posted that, there was nothing on Universal's Instagram page, they only put it up after I responded. The ride is also still not on the app. And who is saying they know everything about media and theme parks work???
Once again wrong check the app

Next question...
Should I head out immediately to ride this, or wait for HHN? Or wait for A-mode to start up?
I'd hate to go spend $100 on an unfinished product, which is why I haven't gone out of my way to see Galaxy's Edge yet (waiting for my pass to start back up in August, but if I wasn't, I'd just wait until January for Rise).
My only worry with HHN is I have no idea if I'll have time to swing by it if there's 10 mazes to get to! Or if there's a "in the dark" overlay that'll change the original version.

Next question...
Should I head out immediately to ride this, or wait for HHN? Or wait for A-mode to start up?
I'd hate to go spend $100 on an unfinished product, which is why I haven't gone out of my way to see Galaxy's Edge yet (waiting for my pass to start back up in August, but if I wasn't, I'd just wait until January for Rise).
My only worry with HHN is I have no idea if I'll have time to swing by it if there's 10 mazes to get to! Or if there's a "in the dark" overlay that'll change the original version.
I, personally, loved the ride. There’s a great mix of the old JP ride and new JW. The Mosasaurus aquarium is beautiful and works really well (at least when I rode it). The indoor section at the top of the lift is a lot of fun. The foliage and trees inside give a great atmosphere. I was very happy with the look and movement of each dino both old and new. You can tell they put a lot money and effort into this. Right now, almost all of it will be the way it’ll be forever, but just know at the end with the Indom and Rex, it’ll get even better within the year. Definitely worth it

I think the difference is subtle but I just watched a day and night and in the day you can tell there are light rays coming through as if the lighting source is the sun. I have not done a night ride but plan to this weekend.
I wish it was more in your face then....whats the point of such an effect if you can barley tell?

At least just my two cents, if your putting money into something make sure people know

I wish it was more in your face then....whats the point of such an effect if you can barley tell?

At least just my two cents, if your putting money into something make sure people know
If we want to get nitpicky with the aquarium, something that has bothered me since my first ride is the fact that a massive mosasaurus is banging its’ head against an extremely thick piece of glass (to the point where it’s actually cracking the glass) and we don’t even feel as much as a low rumble... no sub woofer bass here, nothing. All that happens is some sound and the spray. Nothing that signifies/replicates the magnitude and weight of this impact.

If we want to get nitpicky with the aquarium, something that has bothered me since my first ride is the fact that a massive mosasaurus is banging its’ head against an extremely thick piece of glass (to the point where it’s actually cracking the glass) and we don’t even feel as much as a low rumble... no sub woofer bass here, nothing. All that happens is some sound and the spray. Nothing that signifies/replicates the magnitude and weight of this impact.
That’s what I’ve always thought. There isn’t any kind of repercussion from it like it shows in the commercial. I was hoping someone in the know knew more about this. Is it also in B-mode? Still being worked on? Not in the plans, etc.

Literally nothing in there about Universal's decision or position. It's just you waxing intellectual about technical rehearsals and acting like you had all the answers. Again, just pointing out the irony and humor of that. We all make mistakes sometimes, it happens, but you positioning yourself as an expert and talking about how the media doesn't "understand" things, only to end up being wrong, is just too good. And yeah, it makes you arrogant.

Nah I'm good.
More to your point is that the original post did say that he heard a radio ad that said that it was now open.

It was really strange to see the ride just opened like that. One would assume they would advertise an opening date, but no. Just like that "hey guys, the mood struck me today, so let's open it". So weird

That’s what I’ve always thought. There isn’t any kind of repercussion from it like it shows in the commercial. I was hoping someone in the know knew more about this. Is it also in B-mode? Still being worked on? Not in the plans, etc.
I, personally, haven’t heard anything about b-mode in there. Only up top have I heard that mode mentioned.

I, personally, haven’t heard anything about b-mode in there. Only up top have I heard that mode mentioned.
Maybe there is no such thing and it will just stay like that. We should see a video from today to see if they changed anything.
EDIT: I have seen some vids on youtube and read the comments. My perception is that people are underwhelmed.

Last edited:
Maybe there is no such thing and it will just stay like that. We should see a video from today to see if they changed anything.
EDIT: I have seen some vids on youtube and read the comments. My perception is that people are underwhelmed.
Lots of TMs mentioned it already that its not finished. But thats only referring to the Indo Rex

That’s not ideal. Is there a Grand Opening later today? Or did it open at 10 and break down already?
Whats Funny is even without the ride the Parks were doing great.

So it sucks they have to rush to make this work. But its better than West Coast Racers at Six flags which definitely isn't opening this summer as promised

I saw this side by side video. And I keep reading about how dead it is in the predator cove scene. What is different in the old version. I see a ride boat floating and the jeep in the water that no longer worked. What am I missing. I remember riding the old version near the end before it closed and don't remember any type of excitement or 'movement' in this area. What am I missing? No opinions, just facts please.

I saw this side by side video. And I keep reading about how dead it is in the predator cove scene. What is different in the old version. I see a ride boat floating and the jeep in the water that no longer worked. What am I missing. I remember riding the old version near the end before it closed and don't remember any type of excitement or 'movement' in this area. What am I missing? No opinions, just facts please.

I didn’t watch the video but didn’t there used to be a dilo in the raft and at least one more outside before the lift.

Personally I like having the dilos inside instead, but I’m used to the Orlando version.

I say bring back the fighting compies. Put them in predator cove. Problem solved and they bring back a fan favorite.