Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Stranger Things

Just finished and without a doubt the best season. I think Season 2 tried too hard and felt forced, and I was disappointed with it. This season completely disregards the need for hype and prioritized what made Season 1 so good without depending on the era it's set in for it to carry its momentum forward. Loved it!

The more I think about it, the more I think about how ridiculously unbelievable - even within this universe - that some things were. I mean, this is supposed to be top Russian Military and they were extremely sloppy all season and let this group break in not once, but twice. Did they forget to install security cameras? Also, there’s no way the Russians wouldn’t have shot Steve and Robin immediately. I think going for the Russian plot here, they went too big.

I can suspend imagination and it didn’t ruin it while I watched because the show is just a really fun watch, but it’s just a plot that when you step back and think about it, you realize how ludicrous it is :lol:

The more I think about it, the more I think about how ridiculously unbelievable - even within this universe - that some things were. I mean, this is supposed to be top Russian Military and they were extremely sloppy all season and let this group break in not once, but twice. Did they forget to install security cameras? Also, there’s no way the Russians wouldn’t have shot Steve and Robin immediately. I think going for the Russian plot here, they went too big.

I can suspend imagination and it didn’t ruin it while I watched because the show is just a really fun watch, but it’s just a plot that when you step back and think about it, you realize how ludicrous it is :lol:
They were totally going with the Red Dawn vibe. The popular 1984 film staring Patrick Swayze, Jennifer Grey, Charlie Sheen, and Lea Thompson where the teens were fighting those pesky Ruskies in America's heartland.

Watched it all and I have to say season 3 is the best for sure. Then I’d say season 1 is second best and season 2 goes in last place. Not that I didn’t like season 2 but just if I had to rank from best to worst.

They were totally going with the Red Dawn vibe. The popular 1984 film staring Patrick Swayze, Jennifer Grey, Charlie Sheen, and Lea Thompson where the teens were fighting those pesky Ruskies in America's heartland.

A little Cloak & Dagger DNA t00 (came out that Summer), and probably a few more we're forgetting--kids outsmarting Russian spies was a common trope in the 80s.

Man y’all Debbie downers. Great season. Don’t agree at all that the kids aren’t good actors. They already said Season 4 would be the last one

Ehh, I'm pretty sure the Duffers have floated the possibility of a fifth season. I'm guessing if they do go that route, then the fourth and fifth will have fewer episodes.

My only problem with the Russians is what was the end game here?

Ehh, I'm pretty sure the Duffers have floated the possibility of a fifth season. I'm guessing if they do go that route, then the fourth and fifth will have fewer episodes.
Yeah, more like a 4a and 4b.

My only problem with the Russians is what was the end game here?
Apparently we’ll find out next season. Looks like we’re actually going to Russia.

I forced myself to get through this. Disliked season 3 to the point of being indifferent to a fourth season.

It felt like a caricature of itself. The relationships felt forced and dull.

That is one brave camera operator walking up that track.

Unless y'know, someone was piloting a drone with the camera strapped below. :tease:

__

Comedics aside..I actually wonder if this season will even have any of the kids. I could honestly see this being a season completely with Hopper as the protagonist, trying to escape Russia and return to the US, while also finding out more of why Russia was even investigating Hawkin's to begin with.

If they play it that way, they could actually make this one of the darker seasons that this show will have; especially if it doesn't shy away from more mature topics and messages within this era of the Cold War.