Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think that there's going to be a terrifying land in the middle of the most kid-friendly park Universal has ever built, you are out of your mind.
Unless they're building 2 parks, I really don't see the need for a CityWalk.

I doubt it

That's a good thing, too. Gives them more money and workers that can be used for Fantastic Worlds.

It will absolutely be closer to HHN than Haunted Mansion.

I would put a lot of money on nothing "kiddy" being connected to it.
I am not saying it’s gonna be kiddie but I don’t see it having gore involved in any way. It’s gonna be an ominous and eerie land but nothing over frightening IMO. Throwing in a haunted mansion like scooby doo ride won’t be bad for the area.

I am not saying it’s gonna be kiddie but I don’t see it having gore involved in any way. It’s gonna be an ominous and eerie land but nothing over frightening IMO. Throwing in a haunted mansion like scooby doo ride won’t be bad for the area.

Sure, it won't be gory. It also won't have a Scooby Doo ride in it. :lol:

To be honest, if classic monster is on the table (and I think it isn't), I think it's just a placeholder for something else to fill it's spot. Maybe if the Doctor Doolittle movie is a success or if they can get Lord of the Rings or something.

It's probably getting very close to, if it hasn't already passed, to a date when any project/attraction going into the opening of the new park is ready to start, or has already began.

Exactly. I have a feeling that the projects were finalized as soon as the water permits went out. The only reason why we're still hearing about new additions (Pokemon and maybe Scooby) is that it takes a long time for information to come down the rumor pipeline.

Exactly. I have a feeling that the projects were finalized as soon as the water permits went out. The only reason why we're still hearing about new additions (Pokemon and maybe Scooby) is that it takes a long time for information to come down the rumor pipeline.

I’m gonna disagree here. As long as they are still in pre preparations and not vertical everything is subject to get bigger/smaller within the defined area currently decided.

Unless they're building 2 parks, I really don't see the need for a CityWalk.
That’s funny because some posters were stating earlier that this park was getting a version of a CityWalk. I don’t really care either way but I find it interesting now people are saying it’s not coming with one.
To be honest, if classic monster is on the table (and I think it isn't), I think it's just a placeholder for something else to fill it's spot. Maybe if the Doctor Doolittle movie is a success or if they can get Lord of the Rings or something.
What would you rather have than UCM ???

I’m gonna disagree here. As long as they are still in pre preparations and not vertical everything is subject to get bigger/smaller within the defined area currently decided.

Oh, yeah. I meant more along the lines of the lands themselves. Like you can clearly see SNW on the plans (at least, the KZ version of SNW). So I'm going to say that it won't move from that spot.

Oh, yeah. I meant more along the lines of the lands themselves. Like you can clearly see SNW on the plans (at least, the KZ version of SNW). So I'm going to say that it won't move from that spot.

Maybe I missed it, but where can you see plans that clearly show where SNW is going to go?

I find it odd there's no CityWalk across from the gold mine that is the convention center. (Then again maybe they feel there's already too much on I-drive)

Maybe they’re smart not to?

Pointe. Mercado.

There’s been a few CityWalk-type places that have been unsuccessful along that section of the I-Drive tourism district. Stand-alone restaurants at street side tend to do better than strip malls and complexes around there.

A theme park is a destination people purposely travel to. Dinner could just be whatever you see as you’re passing by and pop in.

Guess I don't drive by like locals. And the current City Walk gets no locals or car strapped visitors? And a "City Walk" at the entrance/exit is not comparable to a crap selection on I drive I would hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.