Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney's Aladdin

You’d think Disney would have learned their lesson about live action sequels after “Alice Through the Looking Glass”. Apparently not.

So it looks like they are actually going to make a live action remake of Return of Jafar. Hahahahahahaa!

I don’t blame them with how successful the movie has been. Hopefully this is in name only though and they completely ignore everything about the direct-to-VHS sequel though :lol:

I am honestly not shocked of Return of Jafar being adapted. The film's been a real sleeper hit in the box office, and it's strangely one of those that Disney's done that makes a lot of sense to jump to a franchise, because there's material to use as it stands.

Along with that, there's also the potential to use more of the Arabian Nights story than just Aladdin, and I hope that's somewhat of a case with Jafar; even if it's something that I think doesn't need a sequel.
Yup. While I don’t think it will get there, it has an outside shot at cracking $1B. I don’t even think the most optimistic people thought this movie would bring in this type of money, especially after seeing mixed reviews.

Well well well...

‘Aladdin’ Flying Past $1 Billion Worldwide Box Office Milestone – Variety

The 2019 Walt Disney World Tour ain't stopping anytime soon. They now have 3, 1-billion dollar films this year (with Lion King to join within a week or two and probably Toy Story 4 as well).
And Marvel Studios produced Far From Home (and the film is a part of MCU), so Disney has had a hand in every Billion Dollar film this year. The only non-Disney associated movies I think have a chance at $1B this year are Jumanji and Hobbs/Shaw.

Caught this today at a dollar theatre. I actually liked it a lot compared to some of the more recent remakes. Sure, the major plot points were the same, but there was at least an attempt at making it fresh enough to be enjoyable unlike Beauty and the Beast or Lion King.

Having said that, I was frustrated by some of the creative choices. Too often it seemed like the film was going in a new direction compared to the animated version only to then do a 180. The pointless lamp chase during the climax highlighted that.