Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Waits and Uptime Reports - Hagrid’s Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

While nighttime rides would be great, morning openings are much more “user friendly” for out of town guests and tourists to plan on.

A set morning opening with a guaranteed 5pm queue closure > a “who knows what time we’re opening” in the morning open. All day.

This. Even though I'm not going till the end of September, I've already been able to move things around to give myself at least 4 chances to ride during this trip (if I can fit lol)

I can't recall such a high percentage of 'I love it reviews', regardless of the technical problems and long wait in lines. . Once this starts running more efficiently, sky's the limit. People don't seem to just 'like' this attraction, they 'love' it....I think a lot might be, and I've said it before, even though this is soooo high tech, the basic premise is a return to the fun attractions style like Big Thunder Mountain, Jaws, JPRA, Splash etc. ....People have been fed such a steady diet of screen heavy attractions from both Universal & Disney that this is a refreshing change, and back to the future of theme parks ironically. .

This comment and this tweet go hand in hand.

They have the attraction listed as closed right now on the app. Does anyone know what happened or if this is accurate?

Nope. And I wouldn't expect it for quite some time.

They have yet to get this ride running at full capacity for an entire day.

We'll be lucky if they open up Express Pass by the end of the year IMO.

Unfortunately its looking less and less likely to be this year, and I was really hoping it would be in place for my 1 day trip in early December.

The only hope now is that they are getting on top of the issues and can re-assess once the summer crowds have gone. This seems to have been a much better week for the ride already so fingers crossed wait times start to get towards the levels that they can start considering it.

Here now.

It's not running for at least an hour now. I quote the team members out front "if it were me, I'd go enjoy another attraction as I doubt it opens back up today."

This attraction is a disaster. It rarely runs and when it does its severely hamstringed capacity wise. Great job Universal.

We get it dude. You have an axe to grind. It’s been nothing of the sort lately

Lol how can anyone truthfully defend the ops of this attraction over the past month. Axe to grind? Okay dude. People pay a lot of money to come out and experience a "now open" attraction. When it's barely operational that's a big problem. Keep defending UO blindly my dude.

Lol how can anyone truthfully defend the ops of this attraction over the past month. Axe to grind? Okay dude. People pay a lot of money to come out and experience a "now open" attraction. When it's barely operational that's a big problem. Keep defending UO blindly my dude.

There’s a difference between “not ideal” and “disaster”. It’s been far more than barely operational, and you know it.

Ops has been doing everything they can with this attraction. Since the reprogramming everything has been great. We get it’s not an ideal situation but come on now.

It would be something to worry about if it didn't happen all the time at parks

I fail to see how a ride is a "disaster" simply because the TMs are stating it may not reopen when it goes down an hour before it's posted closing time? Especially after several consistent good days and especially when they got the ride back up within a little over an hour.

No one here is acting like the ride is perfectly operating right now, but I also don't quite understand what some of you want at this point. It has been incredibly easy to ride this as of late. I rode twice today before 11 AM and was able to head home satisfied with plenty of time left to do additional attractions if I wanted. They posted notices about operation time changes for a reason. They aren't leaving people in the dark by any means.

If they didn't open it when they did, it still would have gone poorly for them with guest complaints all over the place and potentially other issues judging by how Galaxy's Edge is going for Disneyland right now.

Last edited:
While nighttime rides would be great, morning openings are much more “user friendly” for out of town guests and tourists to plan on.

A set morning opening with a guaranteed 5pm queue closure > a “who knows what time we’re opening” in the morning open. All day.
Also, this helps Universal save on labor costs. No longer are Hagrid TMs coming in in the morning and staying until night and spending large periods of the day doing nothing. There’s a set open and close time now and the hope to cycle through everyone by 7.

This way of doing things works better for everyone.

Just for the record, I went yesterday and had no issues whatsoever and rode twice. I could also see a great improvement in the way everything seemed to be running so snaps for Universal!
Out of all the reviews I've heard, hardly anyone has actually gotten stopped on the ride itself.

I'm just thankful that my first ride was perfect

By that logic EPCOT Center was a disaster (Energy always broke down the first year, as did The American Adventure); and of course all of USF is.... yeeeesh... people have very short memories about how attractions have issues when opening ... especially when it a complex ride. Or would you prefer everything to go back to screen-based simulators?