Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 563 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Thank you Alicia. That are some great photo's. I would love to see it in person.
Although I am a gamer for almost all of my life I never owned a Nintendo console or played Nintendo games but I am very excited for this land. It's a huge achievement for Nintendo, and gaming in general, that it gets recognized an deems to be fit for a massive theme park land. The whole bright and whimsical look is something Universal showed they can do very well with Sues Landing and the Popey Ride.

I expect that are Joshi ride-vehicles also going outside. I love that, it will give a ton of kinetic energy to the land together with spinning coins and other fun details.
I hope Donkey Kong will also be build in Orlando as it looks beyond stunning. The whole bright and whimsical look is something Universal showed they can do with Sues Landing and the Popey Ride.
The coaster looks to have a big part inside as the coaster track in front of the gray temple area seems to also go inside the temple and going back to the bigger building behind the brown temple area. Again I like that for optical spectacle. I'm sure it will be well themed inside and although in essence a family coaster I'm sure it'll be high on fun. The shooting trough the barrel is also very well done.
I miss the big play-area and tree from the concept art. For more shade and low cost kid fun that is a must and should be part of it.
In the end I am very excited and I'm sure Universal has a massive hit on their hands. It ticks all the boxes for fans and non fans and that is the best a theme park can produce.

For Orlando at the very least, especially since they're building it in a new park, I can guarantee they will set aside expansion space next to this land. Hollywood and Japan will have a bit more trouble finding the land for DK.
Shouldn’t DK be there day 1 and something else set aside for expansion?

Reactions: therock
For Orlando at the very least, especially since they're building it in a new park, I can guarantee they will set aside expansion space next to this land. Hollywood and Japan will have a bit more trouble finding the land for DK.

Yeah I hope that the Fantastic Worlds version is completely retooled because the leaked design doesn’t look like a land as much as it looks like a couple of attractions with an elaborate marquee and a restaurant. Those are two completely different things. Something as popular as Nintendo warrants a land the size of Galaxy’s Edge with multiple paths, lots of entertainment, three signature rides and unique dining/shopping experiences.

Crossing my fingers for Orlando ;)

It also looks like the castle is kind of out of frame, but up the steps... would you be able to enter the castle at all or would it just be a facade?

Yeah I hope that the Fantastic Worlds version is completely retooled because the leaked design doesn’t look like a land as much as it looks like a couple of attractions with an elaborate marquee and a restaurant. Those are two completely different things. Something as popular as Nintendo warrants a land the size of Galaxy’s Edge with multiple paths, lots of entertainment, three signature rides and unique dining/shopping experiences.

Crossing my fingers for Orlando ;)

.........I can't tell if you're serious. Just because there's not signs on everything doesn't mean that stuff isn't there. There's a ton of interactive play structures and elements near Bowsers Castle, and two giant meet and greets. There's three signature rides already. Entertainment all over the place.

:...:

It also looks like the castle is kind of out of frame, but up the steps... would you be able to enter the castle at all or would it just be a facade?
Peach's Castle would've been the land's main entry point for this incarnation. Enter through green warp pipe outside the land, enter the land through Peach's Castle... and yes the interior would be straight out of games like Mario 64 and Odyssey.

There's a ton of interactive play structures and elements near Bowsers Castle, and two giant meet and greets. There's three signature rides already. Entertainment all over the place.

I haven't posted these in awhile, but here's a description of the layout based on official concept art:

SUPER-NINTENDO-WORLD-front01b.jpg

SUPER-NINTENDO-WORLD-layout03b.jpg

The labels are based on the old KidZone plans, and should line up with the model photos pretty much exactly.

Peach's Castle would've been the land's main entry point for this incarnation. Enter through green warp pipe outside the land, enter the land through Peach's Castle... and yes the interior would be straight out of games like Mario 64 and Odyssey.

I haven't posted these in awhile, but here's a description of the layout based on official concept art:

View attachment 10097

View attachment 10098

The labels are based on the old KidZone plans, and should line up with the model photos pretty much exactly.

That moment when the model looks even better than the concept art :stun:

Do we know what's to the left of the elevator access on the last picture? The path goes beyond the elevator in both the concept art and the model, but both cut out before you could see what's there.

View attachment 10097

View attachment 10098

So it appears Peach's Castle is just a nicely decorated portal

Reactions: Alicia
That moment when the model looks even better than the concept art :stun:

Do we know what's to the left of the elevator access on the last picture? The path goes beyond the elevator in both the concept art and the model, but both cut out before you could see what's there.
I think my label was actually a little off. The elevators are to the left of that. The gazebo is a Princess Peach meet and greet area.

EDIT: And the elevators are the dead end on that side for guest access. The Yoshi ride path rolls by near there, so no guests can keep walking.

So wait, you enter the land via an escalator?
In the original Orlando plans, yes. There would've been an escalator inside the green warp pipe entrance.

I don’t believe Japan will though, as the bridge leading to the entrance looks to already be high enough to enter the land on upper level.

In the original Orlando plans, yes. There would've been an escalator inside the green warp pipe entrance.

I don’t believe Japan will though, as the bridge leading to the entrance looks to already be high enough to enter the land on upper level.
I can see how with the land going into a new park, the escalator not being necessary.

Reactions: Alicia