Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion | Page 145 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think Purge finally leaving is another reason this year is looking to be so good too. Also the fact that the only presence Blumhouse has is in a house that many people requested and was actually a critical + commercial hit; although I loved Blumhouse 2 the movies in it were definitely :ack:

How dare you do Unfriended such a dirty?

Though even after last year, I legitimately feel if Horrors of Blumhouse were to come back for another year, I would be excited. Ma, Into the Dark, the Hunt, You Should have Left (probably), etc would all be cool to see in a maze.

Though even after last year, I legitimately feel if Horrors of Blumhouse were to come back for another year, I would be excited. Ma, Into the Dark, the Hunt, You Should have Left (probably), etc would all be cool to see in a maze.
I'll love if they did a blumhouse maze based off some of their lesser known movies. i.e. Creep, Upgrade, and The Belko Experiment.

I loved Ma and hope we could see the Basement eventually if they ever do a Blumhous3. Into the Dark should be interesting to see how it does ratings wise on Hulu but it looks pretty good

Also isn’t it weird that the general consensus is that the house with better properties(2017’s) ended being worse than the one that a lot of people were expecting to join This is the End? I loved the Sinister section but something about last year’s house was just so fun

Reactions: hhnlover
Ok so I just finished House of 1000 Corpses for the first time and I’ve got to say I was skeptical of it coming to the event, but it’s probably gonna be a really cool maze. Aside from the movie being a complete mess, the environments in them scream haunt and I’m excited to see how this one plays out.

Ok so I just finished House of 1000 Corpses for the first time and I’ve got to say I was skeptical of it coming to the event, but it’s probably gonna be a really cool maze. Aside from the movie being a complete mess, the environments in them scream haunt and I’m excited to see how this one plays out.
I mean its been at the event twice before, so its gotta have at least something. But I agree, I saw it for the first time a few weeks ago, it was the most definitively trashy and oddly edited movie I've ever seen, but I'm sure it'll come out well in maze form.

Reactions: Guygas
I mean its been at the event twice before, so its gotta have at least something. But I agree, I saw it for the first time a few weeks ago, it was the most definitively trashy and oddly edited movie I've ever seen, but I'm sure it'll come out well in maze form.
Definitely one of the only movies to freak me out. Felt like a fever dream curated by Hunter S Thompson. I could definitely see this maze being really cool, since it seems they are getting their 3D fill from Killer Klowns, leading the maze to be way more dark and realistic. Maybe we could see devils rejects and three from Hell scenes?

Reactions: chris.g
To be fair, the flow of the HOTC film seems off considering it's the theatrical cut, which was due to Zombie trying to appease MGM with an R-rated version when releasing the movie in theaters, after Universal passed on the NC-17 version (which seems to be sadly lost). Regardless I know the Water World location will force the creative team to be creative in how they execute certain scenes and environments.

Slightly unrelated but probably not next year or eventually, but has anyone seen the trailer for the shining sequel, Dr. Sleep? Gave me chills. (I don't recall anyone discussing this movie so I apologize if its been brought up before.)

Slightly unrelated but probably not next year or eventually, but has anyone seen the trailer for the shining sequel, Dr. Sleep? Gave me chills. (I don't recall anyone discussing this movie so I apologize if its been brought up before.)
King is directly involved with the film, so ots not happening.

Also kinda unrelated but I'm kind of annoyed with how much they're referencing The Shining with this movie, both in the marketing material and seemingly in the film itself. Doctor Sleep isn't a sequel to the Kubrick film, it's a sequel to the King novel, so it feels opportunistic (to me at least) when the film is presented as if it's a continuation of Kubrick's vision. And I've got nothing against it as a project. I'm really looking forward to it, in fact. I like the book, I love Mike Flanagan. But they're straight up using Carlos and Elkind's music in the trailer and re-creating entire sequences from the original . . . IDK, it's definitely Flanagan's style to reconstruct past narratives and bring them to life in "present" settings (he did it in basically every episode of Hill House, and it's done to great affect in Oculus) so maybe the actual film will feel more like a commentary on the Kubrick original and less like a shameless cribbing, but I'm still wary.

Reactions: marip123
D_ia45KX4AAN1KJ
New art for Creepshow. I forgot that Nicotero was involved, so a maze based off of the new show doesn’t seem like a reach to me due to Universal’a connection to TWD

Also kinda unrelated but I'm kind of annoyed with how much they're referencing The Shining with this movie, both in the marketing material and seemingly in the film itself. Doctor Sleep isn't a sequel to the Kubrick film, it's a sequel to the King novel, so it feels opportunistic (to me at least) when the film is presented as if it's a continuation of Kubrick's vision. And I've got nothing against it as a project. I'm really looking forward to it, in fact. I like the book, I love Mike Flanagan. But they're straight up using Carlos and Elkind's music in the trailer and re-creating entire sequences from the original . . . IDK, it's definitely Flanagan's style to reconstruct past narratives and bring them to life in "present" settings (he did it in basically every episode of Hill House, and it's done to great affect in Oculus) so maybe the actual film will feel more like a commentary on the Kubrick original and less like a shameless cribbing, but I'm still wary.

I'm just wondering what the pitch is gonna be from Warner marketing. Doctor Sleep the novel is so, so different from The Shining movie, that I can't help but imagine that tons of GA will be confused.

"We've made a sequel to the Shining!"
"Yay!"
"It stars psychic vampires who are dying of measles."
"...yay?"
"The hotel is only tangentially involved, but there is a little girl who fights people with her mind and has a magic choo choo train."

None of these are spoilers, they're part of the basic pitch. I just think people are gonna be blindsided when the movie actually comes out. That, and isn't Doctor Sleep kind of a weird title for a Shining sequel? Like, I know it's what the novel was titled, but there's nothing to indicate offhand that this is a sequel to one of the most iconic horror movies ever. It's just kinda weird they didn't try slapping a subtitle on.

D_ia45KX4AAN1KJ
New art for Creepshow. I forgot that Nicotero was involved, so a maze based off of the new show doesn’t seem like a reach to me due to Universal’a connection to TWD

Not gonna lie...I'm a little excited. Didn't know there were gonna be 12 episodes, so I really hope Bentley Little or Simon Strantzas or Ramsay Campbell write one.

Still would prefer the old one tho.