Waits and Uptime Reports - Hagrid’s Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Waits and Uptime Reports - Hagrid’s Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
By that logic EPCOT Center was a disaster (Energy always broke down the first year, as did The American Adventure); and of course all of USF is.... yeeeesh... people have very short memories about how attractions have issues when opening ... especially when it a complex ride. Or would you prefer everything to go back to screen-based simulators?
Yes, Epcot wasn't a disaster at the time

I think the real difference here is how honest Universal's been about this ride's problems. TOO honest. Disney still has everyone fooled into thinking Flight of Passage is the most "popular" ride in its history considering it still reaches 180+ minute waits daily even though it's been open for 2 years now.

No mention of the "overheating," no mention of the diminished capacity and that it's actual hourly throughput is closer to Peter Pan than Soarin', which was essentially referred to as 2.0 of that since its inception. Nope. It's so popular, even though most Animal Kingdom visitors balk at the wait time and keep on walking. Get there an hour before rope drop, gotta take advantage of Extra Magic Hours, book onsite for 60 day FastPass window and good luck.

Trust me.. month 1 has been ROUGH for Hagrid's and it's been barely operational, averaging as many working hours per day as a bank teller on a Saturday. But it has a much brighter future than FOP, the other best new ride to come out from both resorts in recent memory. Yet no one's calling that a disaster.

I think the real difference here is how honest Universal's been about this ride's problems. TOO honest. Disney still has everyone fooled into thinking Flight of Passage is the most "popular" ride in its history considering it still reaches 180+ minute waits daily even though it's been open for 2 years now.

No mention of the "overheating," no mention of the diminished capacity and that it's actual hourly throughput is closer to Peter Pan than Soarin', which was essentially referred to as 2.0 of that since its inception. Nope. It's so popular, even though most Animal Kingdom visitors balk at the wait time and keep on walking. Get there an hour before rope drop, gotta take advantage of Extra Magic Hours, book onsite for 60 day FastPass window and good luck.

Trust me.. month 1 has been ROUGH for Hagrid's and it's been barely operational, averaging as many working hours per day as a bank teller on a Saturday. But it has a much brighter future than FOP, the other best new ride to come out from both resorts in recent memory. Yet no one's calling that a disaster.

Absolutely, but I'll take the honestly any day of the week. Not every guest follows a forum or resource like this, so it's great that they're informing everyone somehow of the weirder operational schedule currently. If it upsets some guests, so be it. You're never going to please everyone.

You started touching on it, but it feels like there's some short term memory about past ride openings. Ride openings are rarely smooth, especially with a new attraction. It doesn't make it a disaster by any means.

Forbidden Journey - Constant downtimes at first
Gringotts - Constant downtimes at first
Fallon - The damn building was shaking and the ride had to be adjusted.
Kong - Constant downtimes at first from the trackless tech
FOP - Overheating issues leading to downtimes
And so on...

Until we hit Test Track/Jaws/Earthquake level of issues, this is incredibly far from a disaster. The ride has been open for a month and some drastic improvements have been made. I have plenty of gripes with Universal, but a one hour downtime is bound to happen.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Absolutely, but I'll take the honestly any day of the week. Not every guest follows a forum or resource like this, so it's great that they're informing everyone somehow of the weirder operational schedule currently. If it upsets some guests, so be it. You're never going to please everyone.

You started touching on it, but it feels like there's some short term memory about past ride openings. Ride openings are rarely smooth, especially with a new attraction. It doesn't make it a disaster by any means.

Forbidden Journey - Constant downtimes at first
Gringotts - Constant downtimes at first
Fallon - The damn building was shaking and the ride had to be adjusted.
Kong - Constant downtimes at first from the trackless tech
FOP - Overheating issues leading to downtimes
And so on...

Until we hit Test Track/Jaws/Earthquake level of issues, this is incredibly far from a disaster. The ride has been open for a month and some drastic improvements have been made. I have plenty of gripes with Universal, but a one hour downtime is bound to happen.

Add Volcano Bay to that list--remember when it was averaging two stars on TripAdvisor?

5 hour wait times yesterday for the new coaster at Kennywood Park. Only one car running. Yes, lines for these new attractions get long, even outside of Orlando. No need to panic for Hagrid. Universal will work it out, and it seems to be getting better.....See if this sounds familiar... Steel Curtain closed early yesterday evening due to technical difficulties. It didn't open until noon today due to those technical issues. and....from Kennywood Spokesman Nick Paradise, "It is not unusual to work through technical issues with a brand new ride, especially one as unique and complex as Steel Curtain"......I do not have an ounce of concern for Hagrid. It's about time to calm down. :)

Last edited:
20 minutes? Is this where we pivot to saying the ride and IP is a failure because low wait times?

Reactions: Joel
Every time it reopens it shows a lower and lower wait. Wondering if they are adding more trains. Can someone there possibly count them?

Reactions: therock
From the past few days, it seems as though they are still having issues with having more trains than 6 on track, if the count is correct by others.

One would think that if they did have more than 6 and one developed an audio problem, then they would just leave it in the mix and not load that train. (unless the audio from it is seriously obnoxious)