Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

Pardon my ignorance and stupidity, but can anyone explain why we are absolutely 100% certain that no announcements come on weekends? Could there ever be a random exception?

Pardon my ignorance and stupidity, but can anyone explain why we are absolutely 100% certain that no announcements come on weekends? Could there ever be a random exception?

Probably because it never had before and it’s a terrible time to announce things. Less people paying attention.
Media companies run on limited staffs during the weekend because (in general) viewer people pay attention to the news on weekends. It's why news broadcast are replaced with talkshows on weekends, when there are four broadcasts on weekdays.

So, any press releases that get published between late Friday afternoon and Sunday are shifted to the bottom of the news pile because, after that 48 hours that lead to Monday, bigger news has occurred and it's "old news."

It's why almost everything is announced Tuesday through Thursday.

IDK if I'm right or not, but isn't announcing a tie-in maze at the same time you announce a trailer a bad idea, since it can clash for attention? I thought most companies would announce a tie-in a couple of days after the first trailer to make sure everyone's seen it and they had time to process it.

IDK if I'm right or not, but isn't announcing a tie-in maze at the same time you announce a trailer a bad idea, since it can clash for attention? I thought most companies would announce a tie-in a couple of days after the first trailer to make sure everyone's seen it and they had time to process it.
I could see it both being good and being bad. Being good that people will go "I should watch that trailer!" After seeing the announcement, but like you said, both on the same day can make it hard to share the attention. I think it depends on the fandom, really. Cult films vs films that a larger audience can like.

Normally I would agree with you but with a property like this that the general audience know nothing about then it could draw more of a audience to both the house and movie

Normally I would agree with you but with a property like this that the general audience know nothing about then it could draw more of a audience to both the house and movie
Announce them together, it's relevant for one news cycle.

Announce them separately, it's relevant for two.

The longer something is in the news, the more visibility it gets. That's the preferred way to announce stuff.

On this slow Sunday here are facades I think we could see this year:
StrTh- Hoppers cabin I doubt the lab since that was it last year.
Nightingales- A Roman arena
UM- Dracula’s or Frankenstein’s Castle
DoF- A sub. or research station
Yeti- A log cabin
GB- Fire station(not filmier with the movie so could be something else better)
Graveyard- A funeral home or gates to a graveyard.
HoTC- Captain Spaulding gas station or the family’s(idk the family’s name) house
KKfOS- The Tent
Unknown IP-??? (I have a gut feeling it’s not Us)

conceit.JPG

On this slow Sunday here are facades I think we could see this year:
StrTh- Hoppers cabin I doubt the lab since that was it last year.
Nightingales- A Roman arena
UM- Dracula’s or Frankenstein’s Castle
DoF- A sub. or research station
Yeti- A log cabin
GB- Fire station(not filmier with the movie so could be something else better)
Graveyard- A funeral home or gates to a graveyard.
HoTC- Captain Spaulding gas station or the family’s(idk the family’s name) house
KKfOS- The Tent
I wouldn't go with your gut if I were you

Until Universal announces it I’m going with my gut.

While normally I’d agree to wait there’s no other IP that fits the new casting requirements for “youthful looking African Americans” and demands a house to get scrapped in order for it to come due to its popularity.

Plus it’s believable considering Murdy finished his last maze treatment in May which is when Us was supposedly added.