Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I do a big convention in December for another industry and one of the hot topics each day is which company spent the most at their employee/customer appreciation party the night before or which place was rented out by another company that night. They like to show off at conventions.

I could see the Mummy staying, no matter what happens in the future. BUT it needs to ditch the Brendan Fraser version.
Mummy is in an odd spot, It's a great ride that needs an update, but the movie franchise is still popular and well known enough to linger in people's minds. I always thought it would be fun to have the Uni Monsters take over the ride, but with the new land we'll probably get a better Monster ride.

I'm still amused by how much of a non-sequitur Fraser's button at the end of the ride is if a person wasn't really taking their time in the first room of the queue. That whole framing device storyline really needed to be set-up deeper into the queue where guests actually might end up waiting instead of walking .

I actually had no idea what the deal with the coffee was until my third time riding. The first two were practically walk on and I skipped the pre ride story!

I mean, some of the track is already there haha.

I do wonder how a Ghostbusters ride would fare in this day and age
They make a new one with the original cast (or what is left of them). Maybe if that is a success it could be coming to the theme parks. I hope it will be but no Ghostbuster sequel surpassed the original yet but I am looking forward to and (and a Ghostbusters ride).

A ride themed to GHOSTBUSTERS filled with ghost and creature animatronics is pretty much the only concept that I'd be okay losing MIB for.

Obviously this is the wrong thread but if it was to go any where, it needs to go into the NY section of USF. With Rockit going through the building and I’m not sure how far Fallon goes back, I don’t see how they can work it.

I think The Mummy is just about perfect as is. Anything other than periodic tweaks or incremental upgrades seems unnecessary. To me, this is really a case of if it’s not broke, don’t fix it.
I certainly agree, but given Universal's track record, I could see them waiting until a lucrative IP comes along to do anything with Mummy....Rather than upgrading it

I think The Mummy is just about perfect as is. Anything other than periodic tweaks or incremental upgrades seems unnecessary. To me, this is really a case of if it’s not broke, don’t fix it.
As a huge fan of the ride since it's opening, I can think of three improvements which are long overdue imo...
  1. The mummies which pop up in the treasure room could be animatronic rather than stiff figures.
  2. Some of the effects during the coaster portion could be better done.
  3. The ending with Branden Fraiser is no longer relevant and should be replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.