Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 626 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think keeping the gate mechanism but having reveal the mosasaur tank with the Jurassic World theme playing is really beautiful.

And this is coming from someone whose favorite film is the original Jurassic Park. I think it’s a good change. Like I said, just my opinion.

Now, if the ride they built in the 1990s was an Explorer tour that goes through massive gates, had an interactive CD rom screen, and a fully recreated T-Rex attack scene, I’d be all for preserving it forever... But JPRA never felt like the film to me, but JWTR... kinda does. Again, just how I feel. I know I don’t speak for everyone.

i don’t care about the screens stuff, but the Mosasaur scene just looks lame going by videos. Far too long and weirdly placed. Should be where the lame predator cove scene is

Exactly! It's not just that it's replacing AAs with screens, it's that the grandness of "Welcome...to Jurassic Park!" is gone. Also I would miss the way Tiffany comes out of the mist at the top.

Let's just say that across the net, I'm not seeing good reviews for JW.

Last edited:
The Mososaur effect is one of those things that does not translate well on video. It's effectiveness in person is incredible. It's extremely life-like. The squinching effect is the best I've seen in any ride.
I think Universal is done with screenz being THE ride, but they aren't done with implementing them into scenery...I love the window effect and how it looks like a real aquarium

Reactions: Quint and Joel
I think Universal is done with screenz being THE ride, but they aren't done with implementing them into scenery...I love the window effect and how it looks like a real aquarium

It IS a neat effect, but on the other hand, I can't think of a long enough stretch of the ride I would rather see it in. MAYBE right after the cave and in place of the stego?

Or heck, just rename the "Raptor Containment Area" the "Carnivore Containment Area" and have the screen off to the side?

Reactions: Andysol
I’m still waiting for my shirtless Chris Pratt AA I was promised.
caution-you-may-get-wet-laser-die-cut-50.jpg

Exactly! It's not just that it's replacing AAs with screens, it's that the grandness of "Welcome...to Jurassic Park!" is gone.

We also have Generic Voice-Over Guy narrating, who lacks all of the gravity that Richard Kiley's opening narration delivered. Kiley helped sell the grand aspect, while this new guy isn't selling anything.

It IS a neat effect, but on the other hand, I can't think of a long enough stretch of the ride I would rather see it in. MAYBE right after the cave and in place of the stego?

As has been suggested by several people, put a shortened version of the aquarium scene in the straight section before the ascent into the showbuilding.

If the Mososuar scene were to be shortened to be relocated elsewhere in the attraction I think I could do without the last segment where it bumps and cracks the glass.

Reactions: belloq87
The Mososaur effect is one of those things that does not translate well on video. It's effectiveness in person is incredible. It's extremely life-like. The squinching effect is the best I've seen in any ride.
I think the scene just looks waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long. Could have cut it down to 2 sets of windows and still had room for a truncated Ultrasaur scene

Much like JPRA wasn't a beat-for-beat remake of JPTR, I feel like what we're in for should we get a re-skin will be similar. I personally think the Mosasaur scene is lazy, but it's probably much better in person. That stretch with the parasaurolophus on JPRA has a little more space than USH had to work with, so they could do the aquarium there and save the majesty that could be a plussed ultrasaur lagoon, as well as keep the predatory animals all towards the latter half of the ride.

BTW, has anyone been by the expansion property to do a track check lately?

Reactions: belloq87
But JPRA never felt like the film to me, but JWTR... kinda does. Again, just how I feel. I know I don’t speak for everyone.

Thank you for putting into words what I have never been able to.

JP is one of my favourite films, as is the whole series, but River Adventure just never felt right to me. I should love the ride, and wanted to, but it always felt like something was missing, and think that's it. It doesn't feel like part of the film universe like Mummy or MiB does.

In full agreement with you!

Some people seem to hate the Mosasaur scene just because it’s screens. Which is fine but other than that I don’t see what the big issue is with it. It’s actually one of the highlights of the whole retheme in my opinion.

Some people seem to hate the Mosasaur scene just because it’s screens. Which is fine but other than that I don’t see what the big issue is with it. It’s actually one of the highlights of the whole retheme in my opinion.

I think it's conceptually lazy for how long and big it is. The splash and cracking glass is neat, but the rest just looks really dull.

Status
Not open for further replies.