Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

I know there’s not much left to speculate but the announcements are definitely coming soon. We just have to hold out a little bit longer. No need to stress and get mad.
Yep, info dump within the next month I'd say. Maybe they do what they use too and just drop the rest of the annoucements in August.

I'm looking around for where we threatened the users about the announcement stuff?
confused-travolta-original-pulp-fiction-animated-gif.gif
You actually shut it down for 24 hours a few weeks ago when the news about the IP change came out. Did you forget about that? When you opened it again everytime someone asks about when the next announcement is coming someone posts to cool it about the announcements.

I think maybe it is because we already know what is coming and most of us are speculated out to a certain extent. Also, talking about announcement dates is pointless because the dates have become very fluid this year and very hard to pin down. There are no answers, but we are very close to the event, so it's going to happen before much longer anyway. A million people can call out what they think the dates will be and why, but there will be no confirmations and it benefits no one. I don't know why anyone would be getting worked up over this, or why the people getting worked up would continue coming here.

Last edited:
You actually shut it down for 24 hours a few weeks ago when the news about the IP change came out. Did you forget about that? When you opened it again everytime someone asks about when the next announcement is coming someone posts to cool it about the announcements.

We moved on from that shutdown. I'm very much aware of what happened. If you're still hung up on that, that's on you.

This new complaint stems from me saying "ease up" with the announcement stuff, which is in no way a "threat". We've repeatedly said don't look too much into what Aiello or the HHN social media posts, as 99% of the time, it's a clear-cut post with no ulterior motive. Looking for clues when there are none is just going to drive you insane.

Another reason... it adds nothing to the course of discussion asking every day "Is an announcement coming?".... "Is an announcement coming?".... "Is an announcement coming?".... and I'd hardly call that speculation.

So yes, in that regard, some need to cool it.

I really need to just put this out there, 'cause I will forget...again, if I don't. I need to kinda correct my debate a few months ago about Nightingales: Blood Prey.

I think I understand where Legacy is coming from now after some thought. It wasn't that the house was set in a war, it's that it was set in a real war that happened. A war where real human beings lost their lives. I think I get that now. It'd be like making a house set in the Twin Towers during 9/11.

Anyway didn't mean to derail the thread again. I would honestly write a more in depth piece here but A. I ain't got time right now, and B. This is not the place.

I'd like to see AOV as a part of a larger show, myself.

Having preferred the shortened "hurricane" show over the other two, I agree--I think they work better in a 10 - 12 minute burst rather than trying to pad out 30 minutes.

Interestingly, back in the day I heard from a solid source that 2016 was supposed to be "Chance Presents The Academy of Villains" as late as mid-Summer. To a point marketing material was drawn up. Not sure what happened to demote Chance to a glorified meet & greet but sounds like your idea was the original plan.

I have a thought. You know how those killer klowns costumes are really big and the shrek theatre is really small. How will that work without having the actors trying to squeeze through a bunch of areas just to get a scare?

Does anyone think we'll get "extra days" like last year where they added on two dates (Sept 19 & 26)? Those were both Wednesdays, and all the Wednesdays are occupied this year. Just wondering if they'll sneak in a Tuesday or something.

I have a thought. You know how those killer klowns costumes are really big and the shrek theatre is really small. How will that work without having the actors trying to squeeze through a bunch of areas just to get a scare?
That's the million dollar question...or however much the budget is for the event anyway.

We moved on from that shutdown. I'm very much aware of what happened. If you're still hung up on that, that's on you.

This new complaint stems from me saying "ease up" with the announcement stuff, which is in no way a "threat". We've repeatedly said don't look too much into what Aiello or the HHN social media posts, as 99% of the time, it's a clear-cut post with no ulterior motive. Looking for clues when there are none is just going to drive you insane.

Another reason... it adds nothing to the course of discussion asking every day "Is an announcement coming?".... "Is an announcement coming?".... "Is an announcement coming?".... and I'd hardly call that speculation.

So yes, in that regard, some need to cool it.
It's great that you've moved on from the shut down but to act as if didn't happen is disingenuous to say the least.
Also to state that it was done to preserve the sanity of other posters is also not true.