What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

Seems, bare.

Of course I don’t expect that’s all that’s in those scenes.
That layout doesn’t include all the scenery or characters, was focusing mainly on the track layout itself. See the lower section in the article for full character list, and the leaked model pics for a sample of the epic scene’s scenery.

Not to mention the possible interactive element that literally no one has brought up before. Willing to bet it's some sort of egg shooting/collecting system.
The possibility of that is brought up in the article.

I'm completely fine with that too. I'm just talking about what Alicia said in her article.
While I haven’t heard anything specific for Yoshi, there has been discussion for everything in SNW to be interactive *somehow*. Donkey Kong would have characters to talk to in the queue. Mario Kart will have the collectible special items and AR. So, somewhere between the queue and ride, I’m sure *something* will be interactive about Yoshi... but no clue what yet.

While I haven’t heard anything specific for Yoshi, there has been discussion for everything in SNW to be interactive *somehow*. Donkey Kong would have characters to talk to in the queue. Mario Kart will have the collectible special items and AR. So, somewhere between the queue and ride, I’m sure *something* will be interactive about Yoshi... but no clue what yet.

Would make complete sense too since this is all based on a video game property which is inherently interactive. Seems like an easy decision for them to make, but I'm glad they're committing to it since its probably not easy to do.

Did I miss something? Collectible items in MK? Like physical things or just the AR items?

Thank you for another great article Alicia.
I love the whole outside part. It is why I like the Sues train so much. It gives you a whole other appreciation of all the theming. The inside part is rather small and it would be great if Orlando would get an extended edition for this ride.

It’s a small family ride. Probably close to Buzz Lightyear in length

Exactly, here's Buzz's layout. It's not at the same scale but the idea is there.

trk_wdw_buzz2.jpg

For comparison here are a few other ride layouts too.

dca_mermaid_layout.jpg

Walt-Disney-World-Florida-Haunted-mansion-Blueprints-Track-Map.jpg

What is the estimated ride duration of Yoshi? I think that poses a better question than the layout because its the layout that make it seem like a 90 second ride vs a full fledged 5 minute dark ride.