What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A one for one transplant of the scene from the beginning of the ride to predator cove won't work as the work necessary to set up the T-Rex/I-Rex encounter needs to happen.

My idea is to mostly keep the Predator Cove section up until the dropping box in JPRA, at that point the Monosaur scene begins and goes to the lift. We can see the damage the I-Rex did plus the Monosaur could be wound up after seeing the I-Rex.

I think the Monosaur smashing the glass is a good reason for us to leave the area quickly into a less desirable place.

Better yet, move that scene to the one before where we get knocked off course now. Keep the Predator Cove scene as is.

A one for one transplant of the scene from the beginning of the ride to predator cove won't work as the work necessary to set up the T-Rex/I-Rex encounter needs to happen.

Ehhhhhhhh

I don't agree. The setup can happen at the bottom of the lift. Claire on the screen talking about the I-Rex escaping is all you need.

That's a far more simple approach compared to what I made.

View attachment 10170

Blue lines are the screen on the ride as it is copied over to IOA and the blue lines before the lift are just following the parameter. The black lines are just a copy of the blue lines but next to each other for better reference.

giphy.webp

My issue with the Mosasaurus tank was always that you were flat, then somehow under water, then flat again. And it's enough water that the mosasaurus goes over you. Yes, I understand the "we're in a theme park" argument which will descend into "are exit signs in Forbidden Journey themed?" argument. So let's just set that aside.

Piggybacking on the "Mosasaurus near bridge of HP" idea:
Track-Layout-784x500.jpg

Based on where the "Extended queue" section is, and it being right by the lake, why not simply convert the mosasaurus screen into the queue of the raptor coaster on the lake-border? The walking path "slopes down" into a tunnel where we can view the mosasaurus (just like in the film) as we continue the queue. Doesn't have to be amazing. Just the Mosasaurus swimming around and every now and then whack the glass to spring a leak (or have a variety of scenes that break the glass).

I would prefer that they incorporate aspects of JW into multiple elements of the land. Our land is HUGE in comparison to USH's. We aren't limited by space, so let's use it.

My issue with the Mosasaurus tank was always that you were flat, then somehow under water, then flat again. And it's enough water that the mosasaurus goes over you. Yes, I understand the "we're in a theme park" argument which will descend into "are exit signs in Forbidden Journey themed?" argument. So let's just set that aside.

Track-Layout-784x500.jpg

Based on where the "Extended queue" section is, and it being right by the lake, why not simply convert the mosasaurus screen into the queue of the raptor coaster on the lake-border? The walking path "slopes down" into a tunnel where we can view the mosasaurus (just like in the film) as we continue the queue. Doesn't have to be amazing. Just the Mosasaurus swimming around and every now and then whack the glass to spring a leak (or have a variety of scenes that break the glass).

I would prefer that they incorporate aspects of JW into multiple elements of the land. Our land is HUGE in comparison to USH's. We aren't limited by space, so let's use it.
Alright I knew someone would say this and not against it but can we keep things like they are intended to be.

I understand some people don’t like the aquarium but now the ideas are starting to get to the point we know good and well Uni is not doing them.

They have much more space to work with so their not as constrained as much so let’s see what they come up with first if they bring the retheme to Orlando.

My issue with the Mosasaurus tank was always that you were flat, then somehow under water, then flat again. And it's enough water that the mosasaurus goes over you.

I don't think this is a big deal. You can build a tank above you. It's no different than having a pool on a roof.

1zhgjPO.png

100% They should do that throughout the land, mosasaurus or not. Make it feel like the "theme park zoo" it is.

Yup. When you exclude JW:TR from USH and JPRA plus Camp Jurassic from IoA; IoA is still over 4x larger. It’s crazy the amount of room they have to work with.

They have the ability to absolutely knock a JW retheme out of the park. And if we get even more due to a friendly pissing contest between USH Creative and UOR Creative, you'll see no complaints here.

*Hopefully that's a reason. We don't have any idea though. And if we've learned anything through the years: Always temper expectations.
Well before 20201 they'd have to complete a re-do of an existing attraction, build a new coaster that includes show scenes, and re theme the area so my expectations are real but some mild re theming can certainly be done. As well as the Dino's going throughout the land would be a nice new addition where they don't need to build anything on site really. Exciting stuff

Track-Layout-784x500.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-07-15 at 1.47.14 PM.png

She doesn't go over you, the roof of the aquarium is a protective cage, it's not underwater, hence the splash when she breaches.

Universal tries to explain how the tank works in a poster on the ride.

whoopsie, missed this when I went to search for a video with the poster in it! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.