Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

I'd think they could build an Intamin multilauch coaster onto the hillside. It wouldn't be the same layout, but it could have a similar ride experience. The problem with that is the sight lines of the lower lot would be nearly impossible to hide.
Which I don't know if JK would be ok with that and she has to approve everything...honestly surprised with the sight lines of the current coaster she is fine with it...half of the ride is looking over to see behind waterworld

Witnessed multiple TMs yelling at guests at Forbidden Journey today—not a great look. I understand it’s a very stressful situation as their main objective is to fill every single seat, but if it requires that much effort, something is clearly wrong. I think the way the boarding process is set up is fundamentally flawed. Too short of an exit area, sorting hat too close to the end of the line (guests take out their phones to take pictures and get distracted), child swap/Universal Express/Single Rider all converging in one tiny area, only about 10 feet of line before getting grouped and boarding.

The Forbidden Journey queue in general is very flawed. I've seen single riders hopping into the middle stand-by line. Stand-by line guests hopping into the express line starting from the Dumbledore room. Guests having the ability to skip the entire outdoor queue if they don't have a bag (essentially being penalized for having a bag). If you're a party of two in the stand-by line they will hold you off to the side until they find another group of two to pair you with for the four person vehicle. Those magnetic queue chains always fall off from people messing with them and they aren't always put back so guests will get confused and follow a queue path they aren't supposed to. Probably the most annoying thing about the queue is that doorway from the ride exit stairs and the sorting hat area as guests will sneak back in line when TMs aren't looking. Also, as @12th Man pointed out, the line after guests are paired to board the benches is way to short for the speed at which the ride moves and this is what stresses out the TMs. Overall that queue is neat but really stressful from an operational standpoint.

The Forbidden Journey queue in general is very flawed. I've seen single riders hopping into the middle stand-by line. Stand-by line guests hopping into the express line starting from the Dumbledore room. Guests having the ability to skip the entire outdoor queue if they don't have a bag (essentially being penalized for having a bag). If you're a party of two in the stand-by line they will hold you off to the side until they find another group of two to pair you with for the four person vehicle. Those magnetic queue chains always fall off from people messing with them and they aren't always put back so guests will get confused and follow a queue path they aren't supposed to. Probably the most annoying thing about the queue is that doorway from the ride exit stairs and the sorting hat area as guests will sneak back in line when TMs aren't looking. Also, as @12th Man pointed out, the line after guests are paired to board the benches is way to short for the speed at which the ride moves and this is what stresses out the TMs. Overall that queue is neat but really stressful from an operational standpoint.
Is it that different from Orlando? Wow! I know they never bother with finding 2 and 2 here... if its uneven they grab a single (or in some cases, two singles) to keep the line moving fast. The loading area seems like forever here. And there are always people at unload so you can't just sneak back into line.

Is it that different from Orlando? Wow! I know they never bother with finding 2 and 2 here... if its uneven they grab a single (or in some cases, two singles) to keep the line moving fast. The loading area seems like forever here. And there are always people at unload so you can't just sneak back into line.
I agree. I've been on Orlando FJ a couple hundred times. I've never seen those types of issues with the Orlando queue and TM's. Especially loading, it's always smooth and it amazes me how good , and quick, those ride counters on..... Gringotts is a similar case in smooth loading. Counters are fantastic mixing single riders in with the regular line.

I've got a weird question....I went on the ride last week and they said you had to lift your feet off the moving platform once you sat....I've never had that happen before. Is that normal?

I've got a weird question....I went on the ride last week and they said you had to lift your feet off the moving platform once you sat....I've never had that happen before. Is that normal?
Yeah it is normal. I think there are sensors at the end of the walkway that get tripped up by dangling feet causing the ride to stop. A lot of the time they don’t mention it, id say about 25% of the time they tell you lift your feet or cross your feet.

Yeah it is normal. I think there are sensors at the end of the walkway that get tripped up by dangling feet causing the ride to stop. A lot of the time they don’t mention it, id say about 25% of the time they tell you lift your feet or cross your feet.
I've been on....what feels like dozens of times and never heard this....thanks

They tend to say it if they happen to notice someone has long legs, or the ride went down recently for that very reason of a leg/foot tripping the sensor.

Something us vertically challenged never hear. When you have to get on the ride with a little shuffle hop dangling legs are the least of our problems

Another Werid, Question.

I went to the parks Sunday and this was at 8:30 so before the park was open yet they were forcing people into the Extended Q and for some reason it was at stand stills at points, so I left the line.

But any reason they did this? I've never seen them force people into the outside Q since the ride opened two years ago

Another Werid, Question.

I went to the parks Sunday and this was at 8:30 so before the park was open yet they were forcing people into the Extended Q and for some reason it was at stand stills at points, so I left the line.

But any reason they did this? I've never seen them force people into the outside Q since the ride opened two years ago
I’ve seen this a few times at rope drop when it is busy. I think they don’t want the locker line to back up from the first rush of guests. I’ve never waited in that line because I don’t need a locker. Usually I can be 1st on the ride as I can skip the lockers and hit single rider which is the path of least resistance.

I’ve seen this a few times at rope drop when it is busy. I think they don’t want the locker line to back up from the first rush of guests. I’ve never waited in that line because I don’t need a locker. Usually I can be 1st on the ride as I can skip the lockers and hit single rider which is the path of least resistance.
Maybe I should have pushed for that but they weren't letting anyone in but people with Express passes..But I was single rider and with no bag, next time if this ever happens I'll try to get them to let me though

The Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts Castle is back! Just checked the app and there’s 4 show times. Interesting how they just didn’t continue Dark Arts until Labor Day.
I think it's part of their "Back to Hogwarts" thing. I remember they did something like that at the end of last summer.

My fiance rode FJ at USH last night and said there is a new fog projection element to the ride. I didn't ride as it makes me sick. Can anyone confirm or deny that this is a new element? Or has it been so long since we rode it that she forgot and just noticed it now? Or is it a finnicky thing that tends to break down and we may not have seen it working before?