Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disneyland’s Attendance Issues Summer 2019

Y'all are trying to hard to connect this. For the majority of people, when they think of a Disney Monorail, they think of WDW's since it's practically a manatory form of transportation to use in order to get to MK. The DL Monorail is just an attraction and most don't ride it.

I just saw a report that they’ve discontinued selling limited edition pins at DTD, and are now only offering them in park.

They’re getting pretty desperate it seems.

Y'all are trying to hard to connect this. For the majority of people, when they think of a Disney Monorail, they think of WDW's since it's practically a manatory form of transportation to use in order to get to MK. The DL Monorail is just an attraction and most don't ride it.

Yeah, I still don’t understand the point of the DL monorail.

Honestly, I think it's all, like another poster said, they are writing off 2019. Assume crowds are going to be bad, cut costs wherever they can, so they can soften it for the shareholder explanation, then come back in 2020 and try to do big numbers again. The question is, are they doing cuts to temporarily reduce costs, or are these longer range to make the numbers look better next year?

I know the answer. Just don't want to admit it.

Last edited:
Honestly, I think it's all, like another poster said, they are writing off 2019. Assume crowds are going to be bad, cut costs wherever they can, so they can soften it for the shareholder explanation, then come back in 2020 and try to big numbers again. The question is, are they doing cuts to temporarily reduce costs, or are these longer range to make the numbers look better next year?

I know the answer. Just don't want to admit it.
Yes. and unfortunately, as I believe you alluded to, usually when things like entertainment get cut, they stay cut, even when times get better.

Ooohh Ok i get it now. So blocking passes aside, rotr aside, raising prices aside, and speaking of insane crowds aside, Disney thought the starwars ip alone would still bring in massive crowds?

On one hand, Pandora was such a smash hit that I could almost forgive them for assuming that Star Wars would sell itself.

On the other hand, since SW has technically been a part of Disney since the late '80s, it just doesn't seem to carry the same "WOW" factor of finally having Star Wars attractions that it did when Potter opened.

On one hand, Pandora was such a smash hit that I could almost forgive them for assuming that Star Wars would sell itself.

On the other hand, since SW has technically been a part of Disney since the late '80s, it just doesn't seem to carry the same "WOW" factor of finally having Star Wars attractions that it did when Potter opened.

They didn't build Pandora at DL, Charge $150 for a 1 day ticket and kick out all the locals, then open another identical Pandora 2 months later.

They didn't build Pandora at DL, Charge $150 for a 1 day ticket and kick out all the locals, then open another identical Pandora 2 months later.

And that’s the main issue. The theory as to weather this is a Disneyland issue or a much large Star Wars related issue will be answered shortly once the Orlando clone opens. I’m sure seeing what happen at disneyland Disney is pushing for massive crowds. However this could have the opposite effect of scaring away guest if news reports show lines stretching out to the parking lot. DHS can’t hold crowds the same way Disneyland can.

And that’s the main issue. The theory as to weather this is a Disneyland issue or a much large Star Wars related issue will be answered shortly once the Orlando clone opens. I’m sure seeing what happen at disneyland Disney is pushing for massive crowds. However this could have the opposite effect of scaring away guest if news reports show lines stretching out to the parking lot. DHS can’t hold crowds the same way Disneyland can.
You underestimate the Orlando market's tolerance

Lots of empty WDW onsite hotel rooms for the Fall & Holiday season at this point in time. Discount offers & Free Dining just came out today.
They have like a million rooms, make them DVC villas and ignore them...ONWARD!

Also, everyone knows that Bloggers make up the majority of the population in Orlando

They speak "What's up guys?!"