Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

I think it's more down to the age of the viewer than the age of the movie.
Well, my point was that I'm an old dude like him. So my contention is that age of viewer has no basis on these 3 particular movies because they are recent. Older movies I can see being viewed differently amongst people of different age groups - such as movies that were more "cutting edge" when they were released that look very dated now. I have a lot of younger friends who don't see what I saw in E.T., largely because I was 11 when it came out and everything that went along with that. But, with respect to the 3 movies mentioned that all came out in the last 4 years or so, I can't imagine age having much to do with opinion.

Well, my point was that I'm an old dude like him. So my contention is that age of viewer has no basis on these 3 particular movies because they are recent. Older movies I can see being viewed differently amongst people of different age groups - such as movies that were more "cutting edge" when they were released that look very dated now. I have a lot of younger friends who don't see what I saw in E.T., largely because I was 11 when it came out and everything that went along with that. But, with respect to the 3 movies mentioned that all came out in the last 4 years or so, I can't imagine age having much to do with opinion.
My parents practically had me grow up on what they grew up with. So I have tendency to love films regardless of their age. Special effects don't make a film good in my eyes. Jaws is still a freaking masterpiece and the original The Texas Chain Saw Massacre is my favorite horror film of all time. So yeah, age don't mean a thing in the world of entertainment. You like what you like and don't like what you don't like. Simple as that.

As for the topic...what does everyone think the facade for Nightingales will look like? With a soundstage I would've imagined a huge colosseum facade which would've been amazing but since it's a sprung tent...I don't know.

My parents practically had me grow up on what they grew up with. So I have tendency to love films regardless of their age. Special effects don't make a film good in my eyes. Jaws is still a freaking masterpiece and the original The Texas Chain Saw Massacre is my favorite horror film of all time. So yeah, age don't mean a thing in the world of entertainment. You like what you like and don't like what you don't like. Simple as that.

As for the topic...what does everyone think the facade for Nightingales will look like? With a soundstage I would've imagined a huge colosseum facade which would've been amazing but since it's a sprung tent...I don't know.
My guess, gladiator arena.

I think the problem is that this thread has been so active for so long that people feel like we need to keep continuing conversation in here. IMO there isn’t much left to speculate other than specifics on houses and when they’ll be announced and even then we have decent ideas about both. I’d much rather we let this topic go a little bit more inactive if it means we don’t beat the same topics and questions into the ground every day.

I honestly believe that most of the conversations that have been going on in here since Mid-June would be much better suited to a general Horror Nights or Horror Movie/TV/Game Appreciation thread but I don’t know if either would really gather much traction comparatively.

Murdy just gave the clue of an announcement soon. If it’s a shared IP, we can expect one for Orlando at the same time. I’d expect it to be tomorrow or the next day. This time for real lol.

Anyone getting a little hhn 27 feeling? I feel like the rumors have been all over the place this year and nobody really knows whats going on. Im sure it will be a great year but something seems a little off :shrug:

Do we have any updates on construction for the tent facades? I feel like we usually get pictures from bio around this time, maybe i’m
just completely wrong.

Last year I don't recall seeing any construction photos of the tents until August, they're pretty much the last things to go up since the tent houses themselves are usually completed first due to avoiding the Summer heat inside. Naturally things can change with the event starting one week earlier, but I still feel we won't see any major tent façade work/street props till August.

Speaking of facades, what’re people’s bets on the House of 1000 Corpses facade? I think it’ll be the Museum/Murder Ride but Tent 3 has never really had a true building facade. Chance was newspaper clippings and the Blumhouse mazes were just giant posters, so I also wouldn’t be too surprised if we walk into the movie’s poster.