Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride

Does anyone know if these shirts are sold anywhere but Jurassic Outfitters? My son is away at summer camp and I wanted to get one for him before they sell out. I'd drop by before work, but last time we were there the lower lot wasn't open until 10 am.

Does anyone know if they are opening it earlier now that the ride is open?
I saw them sold at Feature Presentation and in the Studio Store inside the park. Good luck.

In line now. Posted time said 80. Took about 50. Only running right side loading.

By far the most annoying thing in the queue line is the kids constantly playing with the chains and knocking the magnetic ones off. USH please come up with something new.

Sad also the parents who allow their kids to walk through the planters and step over the plants. One kid is pulling up the drop system in the ground.

Last edited by a moderator:
In line now. Posted time said 80. Took about 50. Only running right side loading.

By far the most annoying thing in the queue line is the kids constantly playing with the chains and knocking the magnetic ones off. USH please come up with something new.

Sad also the parents who allow their kids to walk through the planters and step over the plants. One kid is pulling up the drop system in the ground.
Same here. Quote was 180, took maybe 35 minutes! Line went very quick!! Unfortunately, our boat was the very last one to complete the ride. Got to the bend after the splashdown and it stopped. We were sitting in the sun juuuust about to get off when they evacuated the ride. Total about 20 minutes stuck.

Attachments

• ADFDF7E5-402A-4A7F-9441-1E713B5231B5.jpeg
    ADFDF7E5-402A-4A7F-9441-1E713B5231B5.jpeg
    423.3 KB · Views: 41
Not sure if anyone saw the latest news from Screamscape but they are reporting that the indomnious Rex at the end of the ride is just temporary as the real one wasn’t quite finished yet for opening. The finished one will be full bodied and have much more interaction with the T Rex. Here’s the full quote:

2019 - Jurassic World - The Ride - (7/17/19) You may recall how I’m commented on how the finale sequence in the new Jurassic World ride doesn’t look quite finished? I’ve done a little more digging and found out that not only is this true, but the Indominus Rex head involved in the roaring match with Blue and the T-Rex isn’t even part of the finale Indominus Rex. Turns out this is a temporary head put in place for the time being while the REAL and full bodied Indominus Rex that we heard rumored about is being finished. So you can look forward to a bigger, badder, more animated and much closer encounter with the Indominus Rex to take place sometime later this year when the figure is ready for installation.
This also makes me wonder if there are any other aspects of the ride that were not quite ready for the opening. For example, the long slow journey from when you approach the Raptor cage, past the broken-open Indo cage doors and eventually climb the lift hill is perhaps the longest stretch of the ride to be entirely absent of dinosaurs, jump-scares or any other special effects.
Since this same area of the ride used to be chocked full of various fun and memorable moments (crashed boats, dropping jeeps, etc) in the old version, I couldn’t help by channel my inner Ian Malcom and ask if there were eventually going to be more dinosaurs on this portion of the tour. We’ll have to wait and see.

Not sure if anyone saw the latest news from Screamscape but they are reporting that the indomnious Rex at the end of the ride is just temporary as the real one wasn’t quite finished yet for opening. The finished one will be full bodied and have much more interaction with the T Rex. Here’s the full quote:

2019 - Jurassic World - The Ride - (7/17/19) You may recall how I’m commented on how the finale sequence in the new Jurassic World ride doesn’t look quite finished? I’ve done a little more digging and found out that not only is this true, but the Indominus Rex head involved in the roaring match with Blue and the T-Rex isn’t even part of the finale Indominus Rex. Turns out this is a temporary head put in place for the time being while the REAL and full bodied Indominus Rex that we heard rumored about is being finished. So you can look forward to a bigger, badder, more animated and much closer encounter with the Indominus Rex to take place sometime later this year when the figure is ready for installation.
This also makes me wonder if there are any other aspects of the ride that were not quite ready for the opening. For example, the long slow journey from when you approach the Raptor cage, past the broken-open Indo cage doors and eventually climb the lift hill is perhaps the longest stretch of the ride to be entirely absent of dinosaurs, jump-scares or any other special effects.
Since this same area of the ride used to be chocked full of various fun and memorable moments (crashed boats, dropping jeeps, etc) in the old version, I couldn’t help by channel my inner Ian Malcom and ask if there were eventually going to be more dinosaurs on this portion of the tour. We’ll have to wait and see.

:)

I was about to say that this would make sense to all the rumors stating that the final animatronic wasn't complete.

At the same time, if it isn't complete, why would you called it "now open," as opposed to softs? Unless it's a bit like the GE situation, where everything's ready except for one thing, so you just decide to open it anyway with a caveat.

Unfortunately, the law requires a break away chain. This is the same thing FJ has. There used to be a two step break away chain at minions but it has since been changed I believe.

Also! Found out its most likely the animation programming that delayed the Indo-rex from being fully complete.

Last edited:
Re: breakaway chain--I didn't know that! But I don't think Disney, Knott's, or Sea World has this... does it? Even on their new attractions?

Re: breakaway chain--I didn't know that! But I don't think Disney, Knott's, or Sea World has this... does it? Even on their new attractions?

They don't. In fact I am trying to remember what the put in Smuggler's Run because I wasn't hearing a clanking chain every two seconds from some kid. One parent even took pleasure in their kid taking down the chains at each turn. Such A**holes.

I was really disturbed though by the parents who just allowed the kids to walk through the planters, pull off leaves, and pull plants from the ground.

I guess USH can install a small like 18" high fence like Disneyland does around all their planters.

It's kinda funny when kids unknowingly lean against or try to sit on the chains and suddenly plop to the ground.

That is funny. And the same ones keep doing it. Like they didn't learn from the first one.

Its still LA county I believe
And yes at FJ we had to call code Blue on some kids who would sit on these chains and boom fall

Correct, it is LA County. Just like the City of Los Angeles is in LA County, so is Universal City. They have to follow the codes of the county, but they can change their rules if they are better, but at a minimum follow the county rules.

And all their building permits are pulled through LA County.

I was about to say that this would make sense to all the rumors stating that the final animatronic wasn't complete.

At the same time, if it isn't complete, why would you called it "now open," as opposed to softs? Unless it's a bit like the GE situation, where everything's ready except for one thing, so you just decide to open it anyway with a caveat.

Probably the same reason Disneyland wasn't ready when it opened, but they said it was "now open". Do most people know what a soft open means?

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately, the law requires a break away chain. This is the same thing FJ has. There used to be a two step break away chain at minions but it has since been changed I believe.

Also! Found out its most likely the animation programming that delayed the Indo-rex from being fully complete.

That actually makes so much sense... In an emergency you don't want chains in the way/tripping guests.

Probably the same reason Disneyland wasn't ready when it opened, but they said it was "now open". Do most people know what a soft open means?
I think the way it is now you could call... it a semi-hard opening.... :look: where it’s “ready enough” to open during their target Summer timeline. As an added bonus, when interest starts to wane some in the later months and the full scope of the ending is complete, they can advertise it as “bigger, BADDER!” And see a brand new influx of crowds.