Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DL)

I'm willing to place money that the ride soft opens sometime in the last two weeks of 2019.

Quote this post in 5 months if you must.
I wouldn't be shocked, but at the same time, the week of Christmas and NYE is the one week I feel confident still in saying DL will be slammed. So why soft open a ride during an extremely busy and stressful time when you could soft open it the week following NYE as a way to bring locals out to the park during a typically quiet time of year?

If they want insane crowds, that's one way to do it.
I mean, most APs are blocked out during that time and nobody's booking a last minute flight because they heard the ride soft opened. I don't see how it really actually CAN affect crowds that much.

I wouldn't be shocked, but at the same time, the week of Christmas and NYE is the one week I feel confident still in saying DL will be slammed. So why soft open a ride during an extremely busy and stressful time when you could soft open it the week following NYE as a way to bring locals out to the park during a typically quiet time of year?

I mean, most APs are blocked out during that time and nobody's booking a last minute flight because they heard the ride soft opened. I don't see how it really actually CAN affect crowds that much.

The theme park bloggers and hardcore fans will. It's not a massive crowd but they've got a small window to get in and like you said, the park will probably be slammed anyway.

I think it would be madness to soft open then.

Edit: I've forgot that DHS will now open before DL so the blogger and hardcore fan likely won't care.

The only plus to a Christmas soft is they can go ahead and test max capacity operations. Not sure they need to do that though.

The theme park bloggers and hardcore fans will. It's not a massive crowd but they've got a small window to get in and like you said, the park will probably be slammed anyway.

I think it would be madness to soft open then.

Edit: I've forgot that DHS will now open before DL so the blogger and hardcore fan likely won't care.

Um, that is if they can get in. Christmas is always a madhouse. It's a guaranteed max capacity test.

$100 bucks a month on payment plan. Most people spend that on Starbucks a month.
Literally the dumbest argument on affordability I have ever heard. Just because someone is an idiot and spends a lot of their money on something they do not need does not make another person spending extra money on a different product a smart decision. It's like telling people in a crap underpay job they should deal with it because it could always be worse. Sometimes corporations just want to exploit people and hope that idiot rich people make something expensive somehow a "value" for people who pay slightly less.

They wouldn’t want to open it during that crazy holiday period because then the potential for those people coming back later in the year would be nonexistent. I’d say more than 95% of the guests visiting during that 3 week period are not pass holders.

They wouldn’t want to open it during that crazy holiday period because then the potential for those people coming back later in the year would be nonexistent. I’d say more than 95% of the guests visiting during that 3 week period are not pass holders.

It's..... a capacity test. Plus wouldn't you want the extra crushing throng of humanity going somewhere?!

And trust me, the people who come during the holidays rarely come back during the main year. For most it's their annual trip.