Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 29: Ghostbusters

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL

Ghostbusters haunted house announced for Halloween Horror Nights | Inside Universal

Celebrating its 35th anniversary, you’ll jump through the movie screen of the original 1984 film and walk through some of your favorite scenes like the New York Public Library, the Temple of Gozer and more.

In this haunted house, you’ll be transported to the streets of New York as the rift between worlds opens, releasing ghoulish spirits, hideous specters and ectoplasm-dripping phantasms in every shape and size. Come face-to-face with the voracious Slimer, the all-power Gozer the Gozerian, Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man and more.

Peter, Ray, Egon and Winston will have to save the day as these paranormal creatures materialize in unexpected places – but will their proton packs be enough?

Last edited by a moderator:
Queue up the HHN is going PG and not Horror rants in 5...4...3...2...1...

I can't wait for this. It's a dream come true and can't wait to see how they do the Ghostbusters - from the back with wigs? Prosthetics like The Shining? As long as they can get them reasonably close (and I don't doubt them at all after the Stranger Things and Ash vs Evil Dead scareactors) so it doesn't pull you out of the moment, this will be one for the ages.

If it's just the first movie and as successful as I expect, I wonder if we'll get GB2 next year.

--------------------------------

Edit:

The "videogame art" also looks like what they're really using.

TP3465939-HHN-2019-Ghostbusters-Images_1440x900_OUR-900x563.jpg

Last edited:
honsetly i though they should wait for next year since the new movie comes out next year and because of the 30th anniversity

Anyone else think it's weird they didn't use the theme song in the reveal video?
They'd get copyrighted and banned from Twitter haha

Kidding, I actually have no idea, maybe the agreement doesn't cover music or music for ads

Or maybe they just didn't want too.

This would also be cool if it were an interactive house
They've tried the flashlight thing before, it never works right, and that was when HHN was nowhere near as crowded as it is now

Alright so if GB is gonna be announced tomorrow, any fun ideas how the announcment video is gonna be? I was thinking it would go like this.
Idea 2: Original announcment video where a security guard is inspecting then he sees a strange light. He walks towards it only to find the library ghost standing there. He walks up, and it rises which scares and then, BAM:

Or.... 2:26

Wow, why did I put a lot of thought just for an annoument video....

huh, he was half right.