Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

One thing that’s very interesting- Ghostbusters slots in at the # 4 spot on the website. Would that make Us #2, or maybe House of 1000 Corpses
I'm still seeing slots 2 & 4 as coming soon. No way Us is bigger than GB, so If GB is in #4 I'd expect something bigger than Us in #2!

One thing that’s very interesting- Ghostbusters slots in at the # 4 spot on the website. Would that make Us #2, or maybe House of 1000 Corpses

I'm still seeing slots 2 & 4 as coming soon. No way Us is bigger than GB, so If GB is in #4 I'd expect something bigger than Us in #2!

That's now how that works. Don't take the placement literally.

Since we know there’s 4 headliners I’m guessing Us is #2; though I’m surprised Ghostbusters isn’t immediately after Stranger Things

Edit - Also am I the only one who took the Twinkie as a Zombieland reference?

In case it was doubted before all of the originals have been slotted and the last house slot shifted before Depths. 6/4 ratio is officially official

Edit - Also am I the only one who took the Twinkie as a Zombieland reference?

Or a Ghostbusters reference...

giphy.gif

I doubt age has anything to do with it as I'm likely close in age to you (pushing 50). I thought IT was just okay. Loved Hereditary. Liked It Follows. All tastes certainly are different, but age probably isn't a factor in any of those 3 since they are all recent.

Well, my point was that I'm an old dude like him. So my contention is that age of viewer has no basis on these 3 particular movies because they are recent. Older movies I can see being viewed differently amongst people of different age groups - such as movies that were more "cutting edge" when they were released that look very dated now. I have a lot of younger friends who don't see what I saw in E.T., largely because I was 11 when it came out and everything that went along with that. But, with respect to the 3 movies mentioned that all came out in the last 4 years or so, I can't imagine age having much to do with opinion.

FYI - I just turned 52, and I'm female.

I see what you mean about some movies we would love because of how old we were when they came out. Totally agree. I guess you're right - it really is simply a matter of taste, not an age thing.

That being said, I am completely beyond excited about Ghostbusters. I know you all said it was coming, but I still don't believe it 100% until it's announced. So, now it's announced, and my whole week has been made. Talk about bringing on my childhood. WOW.

Speaking of Twinkies.. if Zombieland really is a scarezone (again, not officially announced), there had better an overturned Hostess truck somewhere. Also, they really should have some kind of Twinkie snacks available (ala the waffles for ST last year).

FYI - I just turned 52, and I'm female.

I see what you mean about some movies we would love because of how old we were when they came out. Totally agree. I guess you're right - it really is simply a matter of taste, not an age thing.

That being said, I am completely beyond excited about Ghostbusters. I know you all said it was coming, but I still don't believe it 100% until it's announced. So, now it's announced, and my whole week has been made. Talk about bringing on my childhood. WOW.

Speaking of Twinkies.. if Zombieland really is a scarezone (again, not officially announced), there had better an overturned Hostess truck somewhere. Also, they really should have some kind of Twinkie snacks available (ala the waffles for ST last year).
Yeah, Ghostbusters is so a part of my childhood, I am super excited. I know my grandmother just lit up with excitement when I told her.

Question: Were there any Stranger Things characters in ScareActor dining last year? Does anyone know if Ghostbusters stuff will be in it this year?
No, there wasn't any ST characters. but since most of the "kids" actors will have to not talk or pull a voice to make them sound young, it make sense why they weren't there. however, i can see ghostbusters characters being there, as you don't have to fake a voice or be silent.

No, there wasn't any ST characters. but since most of the "kids" actors will have to not talk or pull a voice to make them sound young, it make sense why they weren't there. however, i can see ghostbusters characters being there, as you don't have to fake a voice or be silent.
I want to do the dining, but I don't want to do it if the best known characters that will be there are some Rob Zombie creation. Guess I'll keep an eye open

With GB finally out of the way, let me say this:

They are going to miss out, if they don't capitalize on GB and Stranger Things both in a merch, to where I kind-of want them to do some Crossover merch for the event with those two IP's.

It could be really fun, especially considering how Stranger Things used GB for Season Two. Even if it's just merch, I really hope that's something they sincerely tackle for this year.