Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Universal uses a different formula for their Potter lands than Disney has used for their new lands. If anything, GESWL having issues just reaffirms Universal's way of immersing guests in their new lands. For FW, I'd guess Universal will stay with the formula of familiar surroundings, plenty of entertainment, non smartphone interactivity, and immersion, good choices for merch./food/beverage, affordable experiences, no reservations...ie. spending on those 'little things' that make the totality of the experience 'big', and repeatable...instead of blowing the budget on hundreds of millions for rock work, and having essentially no entertainment.

I'm just thinking with almost a billion spent on Pandora and now two billion spent on two Star Wars lands, how long will it take to really recoup the investments? Does it matter when you make $2 billion in profits each quarter? Will they spend more now (which I think they should), or over react and cut the spending going forward?

I'm just thinking with almost a billion spent on Pandora and now two billion spent on two Star Wars lands, how long will it take to really recoup the investments? Does it matter when you make $2 billion in profits each quarter? Will they spend more now (which I think they should), or over react and cut the spending going forward?

Won't take them long if they sell a few of those lightsabers...

I don't think they will stop investing in new attractions but will definitely consider lowering the budget/scope of new lands.

Okay guys I think we have a been a little off topic lately...including myself so more about this coaster. :afraid:

Back on topic, the coaster community has been digging through import data all day today and there's been loads of Intamin tracks and parts shipped to Miami recently
874d71a9e65695396156ae47e90db62b-png.jpg

975d134503454e2376702f0b58485e02-png.jpg

Obviously we already know that track is here and that it's Intamin, but lots more should be there by now.

I actually think that the insanely high amount of spending Disney is doing right now is unsustainable long term. There's billions and billions being poured into many, many parks right now. Even for a company that makes the profits Disney does, building at this rate is not quite where they want to be i'm sure. Right now they're making up for years of stagnation.

I just hope once this period is complete, they don't abandon the parks and they sort of put the parks on a cycle of one new addition per park every 4-5 years or so. That way they aren't going crazy, but there's still something new every year. It's a healthy way to add attractions and it's sort of where UOR is right now.

I actually think that the insanely high amount of spending Disney is doing right now is unsustainable long term. There's billions and billions being poured into many, many parks right now. Even for a company that makes the profits Disney does, building at this rate is not quite where they want to be i'm sure. Right now they're making up for years of stagnation.

I just hope once this period is complete, they don't abandon the parks and they sort of put the parks on a cycle of one new addition per park every 4-5 years or so. That way they aren't going crazy, but there's still something new every year. It's a healthy way to add attractions and it's sort of where UOR is right now.
Yes, no way they're getting a decent ROI back in the near future, just too much spent. Bottom line is, it was probably primarily done to avoid losing market share to Universal in California & Orlando. I'd guess they slow up after the Marvel stuff in California and the present WDW new attractions down the pike. Hopefully, they put at least one significant new attraction each year after this present phase.

Back on topic, the coaster community has been digging through import data all day today and there's been loads of Intamin tracks and parts shipped to Miami recently
874d71a9e65695396156ae47e90db62b-png.jpg

975d134503454e2376702f0b58485e02-png.jpg

Obviously we already know that track is here and that it's Intamin, but lots more should be there by now.
Could one infer that "PKG" is the number of pieces in each order?

I really hope the Taron comparisons include theming. A transition from the jungle to King Kong's Rocky look would be great. I wish they could actually dig deep into the ground and make the majority of the coaster below the main guest walkway.

At this point I'm just glad this isn't flying dinosaur. Manta is fun, but uncomfortable. This ride is going to kill Hulk's appeal for me because I vastly prefer air time to inversion. I've been begging for a blitz coaster in Orlando after falling in love with iSpeed at Mirabilandia (don't miss it if you're in Italy), so this seem right up my alley.

I really hope the Taron comparisons include theming. A transition from the jungle to King Kong's Rocky look would be great. I wish they could actually dig deep into the ground and make the majority of the coaster below the main guest walkway.

At this point I'm just glad this isn't flying dinosaur. Manta is fun, but uncomfortable. This ride is going to kill Hulk's appeal for me because I vastly prefer air time to inversion. I've been begging for a blitz coaster in Orlando after falling in love with iSpeed at Mirabilandia (don't miss it if you're in Italy), so this seem right up my alley.

Hulk has already lost its appeal to me. It's much too rough in the outer seats, which is where I inevitably get put as a single rider. It's been said, but it would've greatly benefitted from Banshee-style restraints.

I am a little conflicted because let's be real--that's going to be a bunch of launched coasters. Now I'll gladly take launched coasters over screenz, but variety is the spice of life.

OTOH, as much as I would've liked a next-gen B&M invert or RMC T-Rex, I think either of those might've killed the point of going to the SWE parks for people (and those parks desperately need their niche) if that makes sense.

Last edited:
Hulk has already lost its appeal to me. It's much too rough in the outer seats, which is where I inevitably get put as a single rider. It's been said, but it would've greatly benefitted from Banshee-style restraints.

I am a little conflicted because let's be real--that's going to be a bunch of launched coasters. Now I'll gladly take launched coasters over screenz, but variety is the spice of life.

OTOH, as much as I would've liked a next-gen B&M invert or RMC T-Rex, I think either of those might've killed the point of going to the SWE parks for people (and those parks desperately need their niche) if that makes sense.
The jury is still out on the B&M restraints...All I'll say is they squeezed me very tighter and tighter as the ride went on...B&M would need to improve them first

IMO those cobra rolls are always rough

Not gonna lie even hagrid has stolen a chunk from hulk to me. When I was there I was like should we do hulk? We did though lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.