Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 29: Ghostbusters

I can't tell you how surprised some of us were when we first heard this was possible. Didn't believe it when I first heard it, didn't believe it when I heard it again; but the 3rd time......

Very much in the similar boat. When I first got word of GB coming, it definitely was an interesting surprise; especially from the first film's varied and unique opportunities.

__

Saw it brought up, but it'd make so much sense to try to get this and ST open for Daytime. Even if it's limited to certain days of the event; I could easily see a lot of people wanting to take part in the maze, without having to experience the rest of HHN.

Not going to lie, was prepared to write 29 off as a weak year ahead of 30. But with this and Creature in the Monsters house, two of my wish list items, has become the most anticipated year I can remember.

Yeah, with what's been revealed (and on the line up), I don't think this is shaping up to be a weak/budget year. At the moment I honestly like this year's lineup more than last year (and I really enjoyed last year!), and it feels like they're wanting a solid year to ride a high into 30.

Honestly I feel like this house might be a bigger merch monster than Stranger Things was last year/will be this year. Based of the IPs this year crowds of all demographics are gonna covered

I think I said this is the main thread a few months back, but Ghostbusters is in a unique position. It's a coming-of-age touchstone for mid- to late-Gen X (see its inclusion in Stranger Things). If there is a movie and character that shaped my generation, it's this and Peter Venkman. But then the somewhat more juvenile sequel and especially the long-running cartoon that followed hooked in a lot of Millennials, who made it their own. I'm hard pressed to think of another IP with that much cross-generational reach not owned by the Mouse.

I think I said this is the main thread a few months back, but Ghostbusters is in a unique position. It's a coming-of-age touchstone for mid- to late-Gen X (see its inclusion in Stranger Things). If there is a movie and character that shaped my generation, it's this and Peter Venkman. But then the somewhat more juvenile sequel and especially the long-running cartoon that followed hooked in a lot of Millennials, who made it their own. I'm hard pressed to think of another IP with that much cross-generational reach not owned by the Mouse.

Don't give Disney any ideas. :afraid: