Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disneyland’s Attendance Issues Summer 2019

I often use it to get from the park to downtown Disney. I like the monorail ride and glad it is never busy.

It's fun to ride the entire loop just to rest your legs, relax and enjoy the scenery, some backstage areas and views you can't get elsewhere. If you can get the end capsule which doesn't have windows you can open, there's a nice blast of A/C in there. Plus, you get a panoramic window to enjoy the views.

I think the overall decline in theme park attendance has more to do with the current strength of the economy. I know of a lot people currently taking 1-2 week vacations out of the country instead of a local vacation like theme Disney.

I think the overall decline in theme park attendance has more to do with the current strength of the economy. I know of a lot people currently taking 1-2 week vacations out of the country instead of a local vacation like theme Disney.
Eh....their argument addresses Disney’s attendance issues. They mention UO’s Hagrid issues, but that was clearly popular.

At least here in SoCal, USH has healthy crowds and Knotts is doing really good as well. I don’t think it’s the economy as much as Disney pricing themselves out for everyone.

“Three time zones away, Disney World began selling Get Your Ears On multi-day tickets last month, discounting three- and four-day tickets for locals this summer to roughly half the per-day price of single-day tickets. ”

Some people may say that Disney will never lower their prices, but cuts like above betray that. They may not lower their one day in park ticket purchase but what idiots buy those? Don’t let the left hand know what the right is doing.

Re: Universal and Hagrid. It is amazing how many news outlets get their information right from this website.

Eh....their argument addresses Disney’s attendance issues. They mention UO’s Hagrid issues, but that was clearly popular.

At least here in SoCal, USH has healthy crowds and Knotts is doing really good as well. I don’t think it’s the economy as much as Disney pricing themselves out for everyone.

It also discusses Seaworld, and Volcano Bay. So there are valid points made in regards to several parks.

Motley Fool writers generally don't research their stories well. They are usually superficial articles lazily researched from Twitter and social media sites. I pay no heed to them. Now, if we would get some well researched articles, with meaningful public financial reports cited, from a real business oriented media source, then I would pay attention. We all know Disneyland has had a bad summer. A teenager following theme park sites could have told us that....... Motley Fool = Click Bait

Universal, both USH sand UOR, have been doing fine this summer last I heard.

I hope both of y'all are correct. It could push Disney in the right direction if they were the only ones having a tough summer.

Maybe BGT will have an attendance increase next year? I know that Mako didn't have much of an immediate impact, but it really opened on the worst possible weekend.

Some people may say that Disney will never lower their prices, but cuts like above betray that. They may not lower their one day in park ticket purchase but what idiots buy those? Don’t let the left hand know what the right is doing.
They will never lower their prices. They always discount tickets though. Same basic concept as lowering, but it still keeps the appearance that they aren't desperate enough to need to drop their prices. A discount typically is seen a temporary and a "limited time only".

Universal, both USH sand UOR, have been doing fine this summer last I heard.
UOR has been busy, although they have been falling behind projections most of this month. That could simply just be that they had higher than normal expectations due to increase in on-site rooms though.

They will never lower their prices. They always discount tickets though. Same basic concept as lowering, but it still keeps the appearance that they aren't desperate enough to need to drop their prices. A discount typically is seen a temporary and a "limited time only".

This is near exactly what I said. A discount by any other name smells as cheap...

This is near exactly what I said. A discount by any other name smells as cheap...
You were saying that this disproves that Disney won't lower their prices, which isn't true. Even while offering these discounts, people could still purchase the regular tickets at regular prices if they were unaware of the discounts. Discounts come and go depending on attendance. The prices will only ever go up, however.

Seeing some reports that Disneyland's attendance is getting back to normal.
That’s very interesting considering APs are still blocked, so either locals without APs are seeing low crowds and going for a day or there are a last minute vacations being planned.