Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Little Mermaid (Live Action)

I was really really hoping for Zendaya. All this time i was picturing her in the role already. Im not too happy with the actress they picked, i wish it was someone more famous. She might do a great job, but i was hoping for Zendaya so much. I watched some clips of the girl they cast but i wasnt too impressed. We will see.
What does it matter how famous she is? It should be about how good/bad the end result is.

What does it matter how famous she is? It should be about how good/bad the end result is.

How much experience does she have in acting? Maybe famous wasnt the right word. You are right. It doesnt matter how fanous, i meant experience.
She might be an inctedible singer. But this is still a regular movie, not a full musical. I know the singing parts will be great. But i wonder about everything else
Only time will tell.

How much experience does she have in acting? Maybe famous wasnt the right word. You are right. It doesnt matter how fanous, i meant experience.
She might be an inctedible singer. But this is still a regular movie, not a full musical. I know the singing parts will be great. But i wonder about everything else
Only time will tell.
I wonder about that as well. That's my only question mark with her, which admittedly could end up being a big one, but Disney saw something they liked from her so i'll wait and see on it. She does have some acting experience in Grown-ish, but nothing on the level of a lead role in a feature film.

This is getting eviscerated in reviews and on Twitter. I thought it had some issues, but I enjoyed it.

Fans roast "The Little Mermaid Live!" [Video]
If they didn’t advertise it as a live musical, which it wasn’t, then it may have been better received. As it was, it was basically the movie intercut with live performances of the songs. It makes people feel like they were lied to about what they’re watching.

If they didn’t advertise it as a live musical, which it wasn’t, then it may have been better received. As it was, it was basically the movie intercut with live performances of the songs. It makes people feel like they were lied to about what they’re watching.
I agree that what it was wasn't conveyed very well. But I knew very little beforehand, but I did know it was going to be the original movie interspliced with live musical numbers. Maybe they should have called it something like "The Little Mermaid: A Multimedia Celebration" or something like that.

This is getting eviscerated in reviews and on Twitter. I thought it had some issues, but I enjoyed it.

It wasn't what we expected, since the majority time was segments from the animated movie. That said, Alene & I thoroughly enjoyed it, except for the crazy preponderance of commercials which aren't as cumbersome in previous 'Live' plays on other networks. Mostly, it seemed like a longer version of the Mermaid show at DHS. Even the Disney back lot stage looked remarkably like the one in DHS, minus the center walkway stage extension.

Those tweets are pretty funny lol

The show wasnt that horrible, if anything it was too long, they should have just performed the songs and cut the animated stuff.
But i love the songs and i really loved the Ursula performance, the stage stuff was pretty nice.

It's really not much to go on, but I think Halle Bailey sounds great and should be a good Ariel. What i'm worried about most with this movie is the four new songs by Lin Manuel Miranda and Alan Menken, mainly because of of how they will mesh with the rest of the songs from the 1989 animated movie. Miranda has a very modern way of writing songs for musicals and I feel like they would stick out against the others if they're too modern.

I understand the concerns, and I hope Lin would be deferential to Menken. Man’s an icon.

She sounds absolutely beautiful. Hope they drop the full version soon.