Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

Man, what a shame they couldn't score this property. Both movies scream HHN material. Really hoping they can work something out with WB next year.

I definitely think next year with what’s going on with the backlot I wouldn’t be surprised if Uni tries to strike at IT and potentially The Conjuring.

I definitely think next year with what’s going on with the backlot I wouldn’t be surprised if Uni tries to strike at IT and potentially The Conjuring.

Conjuring 3 is next year, just saying. They can work through the other movies the year after, probably Annabelle Comes Home and then whatever movie they decide to spin off from that one (The Ferryman, anyone?)

IT would prob make a good compilation house. If IT 1 was coming this year, they might've gotten away with two years, but I think having IT 1 next year and IT 2 the year after would be overkill. Or maybe they can do what Knotts did and just have two mazes, back to back. That'd be...cool?

I honestly think they have a better chance of obtaining IT, than the Conjuring films, in the near future, given that it's only a duology, whereas WB is pumping out more Conjuring films in the following years, (Conjuring 3, Nun 2, Crooked Man spin-off, etc..) making that franchise their MCU.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be shocked if they spread the IPs out.. IT first, then Conjuring Universe.. I'd be more surprised if they came at the same year..
Orlando's 30th anniversary is next year. Let me tell you, you put Haunting of Hill House, IT, and the Conjuring on the front cover... Oh boy. Sorta like how this year the front cover will most likely be ST, GB, and Us.

Orlando's 30th anniversary is next year. Let me tell you, you put Haunting of Hill House, IT, and the Conjuring on the front cover... Oh boy. Sorta like how this year the front cover will most likely be ST, GB, and Us.

Shoulda put

T H E N I G H T K I N G

Somewhere in thah.

Nahh, but 2020 is probably gonna be wild. Stranger Things, HoHH (or Bly Manor), Far East house, IT or Annabelle, Black Christmas, maybe a big, GA-grabbing general IP similar to GB or GoT. It's gonna be a fun ride.

Shoulda put

T H E N I G H T K I N G

Somewhere in thah.

Nahh, but 2020 is probably gonna be wild. Stranger Things, HoHH (or Bly Manor), Far East house, IT or Annabelle, Black Christmas, maybe a big, GA-grabbing general IP similar to GB or GoT. It's gonna be a fun ride.
Dont forget zombieland, and maybe The thing.

Shoulda put

T H E N I G H T K I N G

Somewhere in thah.

And Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark.. Hopefully it's a big enough hit to warrant an HHN maze..

Everyone seems to forget Harper & Row - a children's book company - published Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark. Y'all really think they're gonna let that one pass at HHN?

I personally don't see it coming in the foreseeable future

Everyone seems to forget Harper & Row - a children's book company - published Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark. Y'all really think they're gonna let that one pass at HHN?

I personally don't see it coming in the foreseeable future

More to the point...I'm sorry, it looks really good, but I think it's gonna flop hard at the box office. Just a feeling, but there's been limited trailer views so far and not nearly as much buzz as I was expecting in the horror subreddits.