Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash (Construction Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if it's mentioned but in the last few weeks I visited USH and during the Studio Tour the announcer said that SLoP will be coming later this year.......

If we assume that "This year" = 2019, could it be wrong info? Wishful thinking?

Given how far along construction is I assume earlier in the year. Looks like Spring release is possible. Who knows how much work needs to be done inside, but it's building up quickly.

Didn't someone say you could see the backside of some of the spires in GE and see unfinished steel?

As an Orlando resident myself, I kind of agree with this.

But, I do wonder how much Universal executives are taking this idea of exclusivity into consideration. When they see a chance to build a ride for quick and cheap by duplicating it, then why not?

They would have to consider how many people are going to travel to both Hollywood and Orlando, and how many tickets they're losing by having both sides share all of the same rides (essentially this is cannibalization). Universal seems to have made this calculation and ended up with "we don't care".

It is already neat that Hollywood has timed exclusives. Hollywood gets Transformers first, Kong/F&F experiences first, JW refurb first (assuming it may be duplicated), Mario Kart before Orlando... Mario alone is enough that I'm considering a trip to CA so I don't have to wait two more years.

(DreamWorks Theater and Walking Dead should also not be completely dismissed, despite these not being e ticket.)
Unique smaller time rides are not getting people to plan a whole trip who have better access to an opposite resort. You need exclusive E tickets to do that. I would do Disneyland and knott's before universal for the east coast for that reason. Maybe I would do universal if I didn't do Disney in Florida but it would still be a tough choice.

Yeah those Hogsmeade sight lines are incredible
5zl7XwO.jpg
Hey, they painted Dumbledore Research Park. It used to be beige.

Last edited:
Given the second film heavily underperformed (First = $875.5m vs Second = $320m) do you think Universal is regretting thinking SLOP would be a viable franchise enough to get its own ride? I know that’s Universal’s MO to make a ride out of anything successful regardless if said successful film fades in popularity but you’d think they’d learn from that by now.

Just to be clear: I’m not crapping on this ride nor the films. I’m just curious.

I realized I may have asked something that’s already been talked about but I’m too lazy to check.

Last edited:
Given the second film heavily underperformed (First = $875.5m vs Second = $320m) do you think Universal is regretting thinking SLOP would be a viable franchise enough to get its own ride? I know that’s Universal’s MO to make a ride out of anything successful regardless if said successful film fades in popularity but you’d think they’d learn from that by now.

Just to be clear: I’m not crapping on this ride nor the films. I’m just curious.
We already discussed this a couple of pages ago. Just go back a little and you will see this question has been asked multiple times.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.