Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

D23 Expo 2019 - News & Speculation

Well, I think now we're just getting into semantics. In terms of the physical scale involved, as well as alterations required to two other Magic Kingdom rides, I'd say TRON is absolutely a giant attraction. I'm talking size, not quality.

So I'll put it another way: if a prospective INSIDE OUT attraction is going to be of similar scale to what's already in Imagination, I don't think it should be announced four years before we're going to be seeing it.

Well, I think now we're just getting into semantics. In terms of the physical scale involved, as well as alterations required to two other Magic Kingdom rides, I'd say TRON is absolutely a giant attraction. I'm talking size, not quality.

So I'll put it another way: if a prospective INSIDE OUT attraction is going to be of similar scale to what's already in Imagination, I don't think it should be announced four years before we're going to be seeing it.
Don’t forget Imagination used to be a longer ride. And the 4D theater could always be demolished for ride expansion.

Restoring the original length or expanding the showbuilding would be valid reasons for the project to require more time. Not four years, really, but more time.

What? :eek:O:

Also, before anyone starts, a fifth gate isn't happening. At least not anytime in the next 15-20 or so i'd say, if ever.
I just enjoy the scenario in my brain where Iger gets super nervous and announces a new gate after Universal announces theirs....Only to cancel it quietly and deny he ever did it.

Sneak peeks, huh?

Isn't Black Widow the only current Marvel movie in production? The Eternals is the only other movie coming out next year and I don't think filming has started yet.

Or maybe it has. 18 months seems too short for an effects heavy movie.

Sneak peeks, huh?

Isn't Black Widow the only current Marvel movie in production? The Eternals is the only other movie coming out next year and I don't think filming has started yet.

The Eternal's is seemingly set for a September production start date.

My guess, is that they might be announcing more Phase 4 films for the 2022. They still have Guardian's Vol. 3 with Gunn officially on-board, on-top of Ryan Coogler seemingly still on-board for whatever happens with Black Panther 2.

Sneak peeks, huh?

The showed some Black Widow footage at SDCC, but I expect them to potentially drop a teaser at D23 (although that may still be a bit early in the game for a trailer). Definitely something for those in attendance, though.

The Eternal's is seemingly set for a September production start date.

My guess, is that they might be announcing more Phase 4 films for the 2022 year.
I expect them to talk about pretty much anything from Black Panther 2, Captain Marvel 2, GotG 3, Spider-Man 3 and Blade.

The showed some Black Widow footage at SDCC, but I expect them to potentially drop a teaser at D23 (although that may still be a bit early in the game for a trailer). Definitely something for those in attendance, though.

I would like to bring up, that when they showcased footage from Infinity War from SDCC to D23, there was no instance of a change in the footage. Personally, I think we're a ways off from seeing BW get a trailer publicly out, let alone the trailer being different from one industry con to another.

I expect them to talk about pretty much anything from Black Panther 2, Captain Marvel 2, GotG 3, Spider-Man 3 and Blade.

I think the most likely to be announced more..publicly, is Black Panther 2 and Guardians 3, considering they're seemingly the ones with names attached that we know of so far in the rumor mill (and confirmed in the case of GoTG).

Honestly..part of me is interested if Deadpool would be integrated into the D23 announcements, considering how Disney isn't just simply keeping quiet of their interests to the merc with the mouth (and with recent reports of the control now to Kevin Feigue and the Marvel Studios team, as opposed to 21CF'S).

__
Speaking of 21CF, I am actually very interested to see how they're integrated into the Studios panel. Especially with The Kings Man, Jojo Rabbit, West Side Story, Free Guy, and Death on The Nile. And in a similar way, to Animation; with Bob's Burgers, Spies in Disguise and Nimonia.

Last edited:
I think the most likely to be announced more..publicly, is Black Panther 2 and Guardians 3, considering they're seemingly the ones with names attached that we know of so far in the rumor mill (and confirmed in the case of GoTG).

Honestly..part of me is interested if Deadpool would be integrated into the D23 announcements, considering how Disney isn't just simply keeping quiet of their interests to the merc with the mouth (and with recent reports of the control now to Kevin Feigue and the Marvel Studios team, as opposed to 21CF'S).

__
Speaking of 21CF, I am actually very interested to see how they're integrated into the Studios panel. Especially with The Kings Man, Jojo Rabbit, West Side Story, Free Guy, and Death on The Nile.
I think Deadpool 3 is definitely going to be the major bomb to drop at D23. I'd actually be a bit surprised if they don't announce that since it seems like it's pretty much green lit at this point.

Another topic I am actually curious about..is if they officially go public on The Simpsons Movie 2 at the Animation panel.

With the large investment to make The Simpson's home on Disney+ (alongside Bob's Burgers going forward with their film), part of me is actually very interested if Disney might intend on making that kind of play, to capitalize on The Simpsons early on (even if it's just announcing that it's more "Properly" in development); with Matt and most of the writers crew from the past and modern Simpson's seasons.

Additionally, it could shown signs for the sake of 21CF, that Disney does intend on keeping the Fox Animation groups for the time being: with properly marketing and handling the film releases.

Another topic I am actually curious about..is if they officially go public on The Simpsons Movie 2 at the Animation panel.

With the large investment to make The Simpson's home on Disney+ (alongside Bob's Burgers going forward with their film), part of me is actually very interested if Disney might intend on making that kind of play, to capitalize on The Simpsons early on (even if it's just announcing that it's more "Properly" in development); with Matt and most of the writers crew from the past and modern Simpson's seasons.

Additionally, it could shown signs for the sake of 21CF, that Disney does intend on keeping the Fox Animation groups for the time being: with properly marketing and handling the film releases.
Simpsons 2 could be possible and with Disney in charge, I could definitely see it happening, but I really want them to confirm Bob's Burgers is still happening as I feel not much has been said on that front since initially announced. Also, Seth MacFarlane mentioned at SDCC that he has an idea ready to go for a Family Guy movie and it's "On his bucket list" to see happen, so that's something else to wonder about.

Feige teased that they know the new line-up for Avengers 5, so that being the big reveal wouldn't shock me. Or at least ending with a date, maybe the villain.