Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 437 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Why are we taking the word of some guy on a forum that the house won't be good? Is this Ringwraith guy somebody with insider knowledge, that we should trust what he says?

Ringwraith has been reliable in the past and is generally trustworthy, however I’m not gonna write off a house I haven’t even seen yet. Nonetheless a house I’m actually excited for

Why was it picked? Why did uni pick it?

Movie was a hit and gives Universal the chance to strike while the irons hot on the Jordan Peele train. Us is much less political(on a surface level) than Get Out was which makes it better suited for an event like Horror Nights, and it was just a hit in general and will bring people in than a Tooth Fairy house.

Not bad at all. If only there was a way to get rid of the other background music. Dunno if it was an edit, but the "GHOSTBUSTERS!" yell was perfectly timed with the title reveal, nice.
No edit and I tried to find a way to get rid of the background music with no success might try again later today

Reactions: Kadath
Ringwraith has been reliable in the past and is generally trustworthy, however I’m not gonna write off a house I haven’t even seen yet. Nonetheless a house I’m actually excited for
Movie was a hit and gives Universal the chance to strike while the irons hot on the Jordan Peele train. Us is much less political(on a surface level) than Get Out was which makes it better suited for an event like Horror Nights, and it was just a hit in general and will bring people in than a Tooth Fairy house.

I thought the movie sucked! Hate overtly political movies, which there is no denying it was. I'll visit the house once, only because I'll have express, but pretty positive it will be a one and done. Like another poster said, it was not as well received with the public as it was with the so called Critics.

I thought the movie sucked! Hate overtly political movies, which there is no denying it was. I'll visit the house once, only because I'll have express, but pretty positive it will be a one and done. Like another poster said, it was not as well received with the public as it was with the so called Critics.

We get it, a quick glance at your posting history shows you want everyone to know that. Repeating yourself isn’t going to convince others. I suggest saving it for when it’s announced.

Everyone, can we back off the all of the “it’s political and I don’t like it”, “critics are bad/dumb/YOU KNOW”, or “audiences REALLY _____” comments? None of those lines of thought lead to healthy discussions, just conspiracy theories and anger.

We get it, a quick glance at your posting history shows you want everyone to know that. Repeating yourself isn’t going to convince others. I suggest saving it for when it’s announced.

Everyone, can we back off the all of the “it’s political and I don’t like it”, “critics are bad/dumb/YOU KNOW”, or “audiences REALLY _____” comments? None of those lines of thought lead to healthy discussions, just conspiracy theories and anger.
What you are complaining about is no different than the posters who constantly have to randomly bring up Us every chance to get, over and over again, for no reason that to try to convince/make people think they should be excited for the house. I've never bring it up randomly, just respond when there is a post saying how great the house will be.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
What you are complaining about is no different than the posters who constantly have to randomly bring up Us every chance to get, over and over again, for no reason that to try to convince/make people think they should be excited for the house. I've never bring it up randomly, just respond when there is a post saying how great the house will be.
Your literally judging a house based off of one persons statement and your view of the film. While you may have not enjoyed the film it’s not fair to judge a incomplete house with out any scare actors or anything based off one persons opinion. It’s also not fair to always bash it when you see somebody talking how great it is. People are entitled to their own opinions.

While I disagree with you about the film itself, houses with bad premises or source material I don't care for have turned out to be great.

Regardless of the base IP of a maze, the HHN team always does everything they can with their budget to make it the best possible experience. It's always a reinterpretation when using IP so just because you may not enjoy the pre-existing work doesn't mean any derivative is terrible by default.

I believe in their hard work and I'll always try to go in and have a good time.

That being said in "why?" Look at the box office for when Us came out. Universal wants to get pop culture momentum to the event and using a well received movie hit just makes sense.