Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride

Just to let everyone know how weird this ride being open is, the media event is happening sometime this month, and an organized "employee preview" is happening in August. This preview is usually when the parks closed and you can bring family members or friends. There was an employee preview that day before softs but legit TMs got told they could ride through word of mouth lol,(also most TMs were still working! )

so it seems like this whole ride has been through some weird decision making
It seems so amateurish. It seems like this is the first ride they have ever opened. Why is there so much chaos around the opening of this ride? I agree. Some weird decisions

Considering it is a new ops team and only 1 weeks of softs I think things will get better. They can certainly load and dispatch quicker. I noticed an improvement from the first week to last. I think they also are holding boats due to sync issues and boats backing up. I was timing boats at every 60 seconds when it was running good. I know they can do better than that.
But why is there so much chaos? It's not a new ride or ride system. It's the same ride system they previously had. Not sure if everyone there is new (I would think some old operators are there) but the ride is almost 25 years old, someone there must know how the hell to run this ride. I remember when Transformers opened they had the perfect loading/unloading process. Everyone knew what they were doing and in the military style of the attraction they would make you load and unload very quickly by hurrying you up like in a boot camp.

It’s popular but wait times are highly inflated. Listed at 180 is more like 60 - 90.
Yeah. I have noticed that and still don't understand why they do it. Inflating it to double the wait time seems very weird. In theme parks you know that you might get on the ride 10 or 15 mins before the estimated wait time, but a whole hour? Seems odd

But why is there so much chaos? It's not a new ride or ride system. It's the same ride system they previously had. Not sure if everyone there is new (I would think some old operators are there) but the ride is almost 25 years old, someone there must know how the hell to run this ride. I remember when Transformers opened they had the perfect loading/unloading process. Everyone knew what they were doing and in the military style of the attraction they would make you load and unload very quickly by hurrying you up like in a boot camp.

The ride layout itself is different. There is this big aquarium scene when you first enter. The old ride just had dinosaurs moving around in it. Multiple boats could be there. Now there is an actual show. I am no expert, which you are not either.

But I am sure there are issues with the ride and I for one am happy they opened it. I rode it twice last night. Had no issues with the wait or the unloading.

But on JW, you are exiting a boat that is below the loading dock and you must step up. Transformers is high up and you step down. Much easier. Plus Transformers is 9 people per ride. JW is 25. Lot more people to get on and off.

Disneyland, MM, Knotts, Sea World all inflate their ride times. Nothing new here.

The ride layout itself is different. There is this big aquarium scene when you first enter. The old ride just had dinosaurs moving around in it. Multiple boats could be there. Now there is an actual show. I am no expert, which you are not either.

But I am sure there are issues with the ride and I for one am happy they opened it. I rode it twice last night. Had no issues with the wait or the unloading.

But on JW, you are exiting a boat that is below the loading dock and you must step up. Transformers is high up and you step down. Much easier. Plus Transformers is 9 people per ride. JW is 25. Lot more people to get on and off.

Disneyland, MM, Knotts, Sea World all inflate their ride times. Nothing new here.
My point is that there weren't load/unload issues before. The differences in ride vehicles are evident but my point is that there shouldn't be this kind of problems unloading and loading people in an attraction that did not change the ride system for loading and unloading. I am aware the scene changed for the Mosasaurus, but loading and unloading is the same as before. One boat unloads, two boats load. Even same boats as before.
Now, my point of wait times is that theme parks inflate them, but not in the excess of one hour, which is clearly explained in my comment. All to say that decision making at USH has been strange.

My point is that there weren't load/unload issues before. The differences in ride vehicles are evident but my point is that there shouldn't be this kind of problems unloading and loading people in an attraction that did not change the ride system for loading and unloading. I am aware the scene changed for the Mosasaurus, but loading and unloading is the same as before. One boat unloads, two boats load. Even same boats as before.
Now, my point of wait times is that theme parks inflate them, but not in the excess of one hour, which is clearly explained in my comment. All to say that decision making at USH has been strange.

His point is that only one boat can now be in the Mosasaur scene at any given time, which may indeed have been a macro miscalculation for capacity. Ideally, the system would know to stall boats on the lift before "actually" dispatching them into the scene, allowing for the typical two boat load.

but the Indominus Rex head involved in the roaring match with Blue and the T-Rex isn’t even part of the finale Indominus Rex. Turns out this is a temporary head put in place for the time being while the REAL and full bodied Indominus Rex that we heard rumored about is being finished. So you can look forward to a bigger, badder, more animated and much closer encounter with the Indominus Rex to take place sometime later this year when the figure is ready for installation.
If that's the case, I wonder why that after blue shows up, you can hear the Indominus stomping through foilage and then you see the head roaring. Maybe it'll set up for some suspense once the final animatronic is done?

His point is that only one boat can now be in the Mosasaur scene at any given time, which may indeed have been a macro miscalculation for capacity. Ideally, the system would know to stall boats on the lift before "actually" dispatching them into the scene, allowing for the typical two boat load.
I read his post. I understand that, but I still don't understand how the Mosasaurus scene would affect the way people are loaded and unloaded from the boats at the end of the ride. They still line up and still have to be loaded and unloaded of people the same way as before. Right?

If that's the case, I wonder why that after blue shows up, you can hear the Indominus stomping through foilage and then you see the head roaring. Maybe it'll set up for some suspense once the final animatronic is done?
I don't know. I think that maybe that's the Indominous we got. It would be odd to open the ride, then close it for another month or two to add a huge animatronic (a very tall order since it would go in the main building that is notoriously difficult to put things in) and then open it again fully operational. I think that what we see is what we get. BUT Universal has made strange decisions this summer so I guess anything is possible.

I have to think this head just be the final irex head and the body isn’t ready yet... I can’t imagine they produced a fully AA head for a temporary fill in?

Thank you. You read my mind. :>)

BUT THINK OF THE CHAOS!!!

I went on JW twice yesterday, and both times, there was more than one boat in the Mosasaur scene at once. We entered about the same time as the glass effect on the boat in front of us. I noticed the "windows" of the aquarium angled such you can't see him from both areas at once.

I went on JW twice yesterday, and both times, there was more than one boat in the Mosasaur scene at once. We entered about the same time as the glass effect on the boat in front of us. I noticed the "windows" of the aquarium angled such you can't see him from both areas at once.
Well there you go. It can and cannot work with two boats in the aquarium scene.

Clever girl.