Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa??

Lolz. Any new updates on the ride? I saw some recent flyover pics on Reddit looks like they’ve started on the lion lift and it looks like they may be building one of those double inverting stalls found on Untamed in Europe

i went to the park a couple days ago, theyve almost doubled the amount of ledgers since i was last there. look at the latest reply i posted in the rmc gwazi thread

Something I haven't seen people talking about is how the additions of RMC Gwazi and Tigris, and the repainting of Kumba, has really turned the park around. The dead areas are/will be gone (except Rhino Rally of course), and the popular areas are/will be less crowded as a result. And it also seems like Adventure Island is starting to become a great water park with the additions of Colossal Curl, Vanish Point, and the new water slide opening next year.

2020 is the year to be an annual passholder.

Something I haven't seen people talking about is how the additions of RMC Gwazi and Tigris, and the repainting of Kumba, has really turned the park around. The dead areas are/will be gone (except Rhino Rally of course), and the popular areas are/will be less crowded as a result. And it also seems like Adventure Island is starting to become a great water park with the additions of Colossal Curl, Vanish Point, and the new water slide opening next year.

Yep and I can’t wait to see what they have planned next.

Yes, I'm hoping they get a serious bump in attendance from RMC Gwazi to encourage higher end capital expenditures in the future.

For instance, I would love Busch to work with B&M again

Yes, I'm hoping they get a serious bump in attendance from RMC Gwazi to encourage higher end capital expenditures in the future.

For instance, I would love Busch to work with B&M again
A new B&M for the park is likely at some point I'd say. SeaWorld still like to use B&M, they're adding a new B&M dive coaster in San Diego next year :)

if they are going to put it an s&s screamin swing, it better be replacing the quarter-to-play RC boats and trucks next to the bumper cars
At this point, I'm convinced those bumper cars and RC boats are going to outlast the park itself. When Busch Gardens is bulldozed to make room for yet another open-air mixed use development (complete with a Five Below and Whole Foods), right next to the pointless one-acre Astroturf plaza and fountain will be an unkempt building with bumper cars and some remote-controlled boats that belong in the 70's.

In all seriousness though, I think that spot (which according to Google Earth is about an acre and a half, including the space with the apparently defunct Congo train station) really needs an E-ticket attraction. Congo hasn't gotten anything new in 26 years and Jungala has been without a major ride for its entire existence, and Busch Gardens has several huge gaps in its lineup when it comes to family rides. A dark ride or simulator themed to the Congo jungle would seem the most appropriate choice, but I also wouldn't put it past BGT to choose something tacky and off-the-shelf like an S&S Screamin' Swing or a Skywarp Horizon... and the saddest part is that it would still be an improvement over what's there now :lol: