Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

To further this thought, I’m also fairly certain copyrights extend even well passed the death of the holder... so it may be even longer than that until we could see some of his properties. But I think I remember hearing that his name isn’t as heavily attached to the IT remake and it’s a higher possibility? Could be wrong tho.

Generally once the rightsholder dies it's a lot easier to deal with their estate. Whether this is the case with King, I don't know.

Regardless of his view on haunts, I hope he lives a long and healthy life; the man deserves it for all he's done for the horror community!

Generally once the rightsholder dies it's a lot easier to deal with their estate. Whether this is the case with King, I don't know.

Regardless of his view on haunts, I hope he lives a long and healthy life; the man deserves it for all he's done for the horror community!

I think he died when he was hit by that car, but made a deal with the devil so now he will never die.

I’m not looking for a discussion. I said drop it now. Move on.

Whatever dude. I like quite a few of the people on here and enjoy the discussions, but quite frankly you're actions are pretty crummy a lot of the time. I mean a couple of weeks ago you literally shut down an HHN speculation thread for people speculating about HHN. Insane. So I'm out. Enjoy your perceived power over an internet discussion board - it's quite impressive LOL.

To the others on here I've had the fortune to engage with, appreciate all your info & opinions. And hope you enjoy HHN this year. PEACE!

Whatever dude. I like quite a few of the people on here and enjoy the discussions, but quite frankly you're actions are pretty crummy a lot of the time. I mean a couple of weeks ago you literally shut down an HHN speculation thread for people speculating about HHN. Insane. So I'm out. Enjoy your perceived power over an internet discussion board - it's quite impressive LOL.

To the others on here I've had the fortune to engage with, appreciate all your info & opinions. And hope you enjoy HHN this year. PEACE!
I'm sorry, who are you?

To further this thought, I’m also fairly certain copyrights extend even well passed the death of the holder... so it may be even longer than that until we could see some of his properties. But I think I remember hearing that his name isn’t as heavily attached to the IT remake and it’s a higher possibility? Could be wrong tho.

The idea isn't that copyrights will expire--we'll all be old by the time that happens--but that maybe his kids or grandkids will value money more than the personal belief of not doing a haunted house. Not a lock by any means.

For all the discussion, I've never seen a direct quote from King why he hates haunted houses so much. It's odd given how open he is over things like The Shining. If it was just not wanting to associate his brand with something cheesy, you'd think the houses approved by John Landis and Steven Spielberg might get him to at least give Universal a shot. Maybe he secretly hopes to do his own event one year? Maybe he had a bad experience as a kid? Or a scare-actor at a local haunt stole his girl in high school? Seriously, if anyone ever meets him at a convention or something, please ask.

Quite the contrary, I know Brian personally and he handles this board better than I could ever hope to manage one. I have a lot of respect for him and the guys, so don't appreciate you littering the spec thread with this since it could've been posted privately. My $0.02.

Anyways: anyone have wagers as to what the next announcement will be?

Quite the contrary, I know Brian personally and he handles this board better than I could ever hope to manage one. I have a lot of respect for him and the guys, so don't appreciate you littering the spec thread with this since it could've been posted privately. My $0.02.

Ignoring the mess above...if I were to wager...Klowns?

The tent in Hollywood got covered but everyone knows. If I'm correct, there was a thought they may push the announcement up due to it (which I thought was unrealistic personally for reasons I've stated.), but at this point it's the easiest announcement to make.

The idea isn't that copyrights will expire--we'll all be old by the time that happens--but that maybe his kids or grandkids will value money more than the personal belief of not doing a haunted house. Not a lock by any means.

For all the discussion, I've never seen a direct quote from King why he hates haunted houses so much. It's odd given how open he is over things like The Shining. If it was just not wanting to associate his brand with something cheesy, you'd think the houses approved by John Landis and Steven Spielberg might get him to at least give Universal a shot. Maybe he secretly hopes to do his own event one year? Maybe he had a bad experience as a kid? Or a scare-actor at a local haunt stole his girl in high school? Seriously, if anyone ever meets him at a convention or something, please ask.
Apparently he's been asked, and (politely, he IS a Mainah) refuses to discuss it.

And by judging and looking at the god awful, totally horrible and super cringe, cheesy horror movies he has created out of his work, you would think King would love the idea of his stories being used for great expensive haunts made by universal.

My point is, he hates haunted houses ( maybe because he thinks they are cheesy and silly) but had no problen with the extremely cheesy movie adaptations of his work lol.

Maybe he just had a really bad experience in a haunted house or thinks that all haunted houses are super cheaply made

Corpses or Klowns. I’m leaning more towards Corpses so that they can double it up with the Rob Zombie scarezone announcement, but they could also be announced separately. Giving a rough guesstimate of the order of announcements:

- Klowns or Corpses/Rob Zombie next week
- Graveyard
- Klowns or Corpses/Rob Zombie
- Us as the encore announcement
- Merch + Food/Drinks + Commerical with the 4 Headliners

And then zones + AoV somewhere in there

Corpses or Klowns. I’m leaning more towards Corpses so that they can double it up with the Rob Zombie scarezone announcement, but they could also be announced separately. Giving a rough guesstimate of the order of announcements:

- Klowns or Corpses/Rob Zombie next week
- Graveyard
- Klowns or Corpses/Rob Zombie
- Us as the encore announcement
- Merch + Food/Drinks + Commerical with the 4 Headliners

And then zones + AoV somewhere in there

While everything is up in the air, I do feel Ho1C will be announced sometime before they announce the IP scare zones. I don't see them announcing the zone before the house, not unless they reveal both at once.

What if he has that mentality that theme park attractions, Halloween-based or otherwise, are "for kids/childish"? It's worth noting that both Universal and Disney have tried approaching King about theme park attractions in the past, long before HHN became a thing..

PEACE!!

Not that this is a real thing, but how awesome would it be if the KKFOS facade in Hollywood was really a red herring that they left up for however long and then eventually covered to put up the "real" facade?

Makes sense to me to announce HOTC next - especially with some people having doubts with Ghostbusters being ‘tame’, HOTC more than makes up for that and will make a great balance.

What if he has that mentality that theme park attractions, Halloween-based or otherwise, are "for kids/childish"? It's worth noting that both Universal and Disney have tried approaching King about theme park attractions in the past, long before HHN became a thing..

He might hate the environment or might think theme parks cheap out his books.

Im willing to bet he had a horrible experience at a park and thats why