Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

I never really understood why they had a pearl factory there to begin with. Beers are far better sellers.

You're not wrong. :toast:

I think @Disneyhead ? said there was some movement there about a month or two ago. Whether that means anything, who knows. I think next summer seems to be the sweet point for the expansion to add something new to resort if JP opens in 2021 and Bourne opens later this year.

Solid recommendations from everybody else and you're going to have a blast!

What do you guys know about this new spot? I picked up a bartending shift there from another venue but I can't find any info about it!

Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando report park guests fainting on rides

Report includes someone fainting at VB. On a related note, I was near Punga Racers a couple weeks back and overhead the Team Members speaking of a person fainting in line. I don't believe it's related to the weight limit changes. I just figured fainting happens a lot at theme parks in the summer due to heat exhaustion.
Fainting happens everywhere. My former live in was standing in line at Kennywood for the former Ferris Wheel. It was super hot, and all of a sudden she just fainted. Fortunately the picnic tables were pretty close. I picked her up, carried her over there, and placed her on top of the table. Got a glass of water from the nearby refreshment stand and that drink got her hydrated and she was fine. Dehydration in the heat is always something to avoid....anywhere.

Wow, you're not wrong.

According to Google Earth, the run off at the end of Aquatica is 165ft.

Punga Racers is....22ft.

Maybe they missed a zero or something?
And at my weight... I fly nearly all the way to the end of that run at Aquatica.

Would there be a possibility of extending the end run by however much space they have available (even if it is only 10 foot or so) and raising the gradient slightly to try and kill some of the speed?

Every little bit helps, I guess! Just make it super steep and watch people fly off, ride at your own risk and we can all have fun watching at the bottom.

There’s really no excuse for an attraction restricting a below average for adults and normal/ healthy weight. This is an issue, and I’m sure they’re trying to figure out options.

Would there be a possibility of extending the end run by however much space they have available (even if it is only 10 foot or so) and raising the gradient slightly to try and kill some of the speed?

The problem is you skim across the surface of the water like a boogie board. That's why theres usually such a long run off so that you slow down gradually. You slow down too quickly at VB hence the problems. I've only every ridden punga racers once because it hurts, and I'm only just over the new weight limit...